February 1, 2011, 02:22 PM
I need suggestions as to what sling to put on my Ruger M77. I grew up with military type slings and am very comfortable with using them while shooting, but I think I might want something that's a touch more comfortable while hiking through the mountains.

Any suggestions on a quality, comfortable sling that can be used similarly to a military sling when shooting?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sling?" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
February 2, 2011, 08:47 AM
Any suggestions on ANY kind of sling? What kind of slings are you guys using on your hunting rifles?

February 2, 2011, 09:26 AM
Sorry. Can't help becuase I don't have a hunting rifle. Mine are tactical so I have single,2pt.slings.

February 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
the claw

shop around for prices. They are light, wide enough pad to keep from digging, and grippy enough material to stay put. I have one on my muzzleloader and love it. its a great 'working' sling.

not gonna turn into a great shooting aid, but maybe if you picked the version with shooting sticks? I don't know- I don't use the sling as an aid in the field much- shots aren't very far in my neck of the woods.

February 3, 2011, 10:29 AM
I was looking at the quake slings. I do like the look of them. I'll have to investigate further. Really, I just want one that can give me a little more support during the shot (when needed). I won't be taking any long range, off hand shots that require a lot of extra support. But do want something that I can wrap around my hand for that lit bit of extra support.

Thanks for the tip.

February 3, 2011, 10:55 AM
On my coyote gun, I use an Outlaw Sling ( I walk in to sets. This sling makes it easy to carry shooting sticks, calls, or drag a coyote because the gun rides perfect on my back. It is not the fastest sling as far as getting a quick shot while walking. But if you are looking for something for hiking in the mountains, it may be just what you are looking for. I wouldn't suggest it for a range rifle or tactical rifle, but I don't think it can be beat for a hunting setup.

February 3, 2011, 01:25 PM
How does the outlaw work if you where a pack? I like the concept and the look, but I don't know if I'd be able to use it along with my day pack. The extra strap would simply be unnecessary.

Thanks for the tip.

February 3, 2011, 01:39 PM
You might check out the 'Outdoor Connection padded super sling.' Excellent carry strap, IMO. Better than nothin' as a shooting sling. Natchez has them cheap sometimes.

February 3, 2011, 01:48 PM
Can't beat the Turner Sling in Biothane.

February 3, 2011, 01:52 PM
I have never worn a pack with my sling, so I am not sure how that would work. The straps are big enough that you could wear it over a pack, but there would be an abundance of straps for sure.

February 3, 2011, 01:53 PM
The padded super sling looks sweet!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sling?" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!