5 rnd AK mag for SKS-D?

PDA

LeverGunJunkie
February 1, 2011, 02:17 PM
Folks;
Does anyone know of a good (reliable) 5 round AK magazine that'll fit/work in an SKS-D?

My first experiment was with an Arsenal poly-mag from Midway USA. Wouldn't fit all the way in and lock up. :mad:

I would like to take this into the brush country for deer next year and need a 5 rnd mag to comply with local regs.

Thx

If you enjoyed reading about "5 rnd AK mag for SKS-D?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Miked7762
February 1, 2011, 04:08 PM
Unmodified Norinco 5 round magazines are the only ones I've found that work well. They're crude, roughly finished, and will slice your hand apart with sharp edges, but I've never had a single failure with the ones I have.

A quick search turned some up here:
http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/ak47-762x39-5-round-magazine-preban-norinco-p-1493.html

LeverGunJunkie
February 2, 2011, 10:05 AM
Miked: Wow. Ask and you shall receive! Awesome dude, thanks. Looks like a good price as well. My SKS is quite a shooter and I think she could help stock the freezer at moderate ranges next year. Thanks a million for the help!

If you enjoyed reading about "5 rnd AK mag for SKS-D?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!