Well, I found this old doorstop...

PDA

CajunBass
February 2, 2011, 09:13 AM
I know it's old fashioned, and not very tactical, but it looked lost so my wife felt sorry for it and made me drag it home. I can't imagine what it's good for. Only six shots, no rail, no light, no extended magazine, no bayonet, no night sights, no "rust proof" wonder finish (I can't believe it's not a pile of rust), and no plastic anywhere to be found. How could that be? :confused: Shoot, it was even in an old cardboard box stuffed with "papers" and not a nice, foam lined plastic box. It doesn't even have an internal lock. :eek: ;)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/CajunBass/handguns/100_0215.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/CajunBass/handguns/100_0218.jpg

Smith & Wesson Model 28, Highway Patrolman

If you enjoyed reading about "Well, I found this old doorstop..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dogngun
February 2, 2011, 09:17 AM
kind of long ammo, too, and they are HEAVY! And those handle things are WOOD!

Enjoy it- one of the great revolvers ever made.

mark

ultradoc
February 2, 2011, 09:21 AM
nice 'doorstop'. Wish I had one like this.

Thaddeus Jones
February 2, 2011, 09:49 AM
Very nice, congrats!

I've got an old doorstop just like it. :)

Sweet sixgun!

mopar92
February 2, 2011, 11:31 AM
Nice wear marks... as in not kept in a sock drawer...

MIL-DOT
February 2, 2011, 11:47 AM
I love 'em !! I traded into a model 28 a couple months ago,and I've since been looking at others. In fact, had I not picked up a sweet 35 year old model 66 at a gunshow last weekend, I would have bid on a very clean 1955 model 28 that just sold on Gunbroker ( for $506.:()

slicksleeve
February 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Can I borrow it? My door won't stay put.

content
February 2, 2011, 11:59 AM
Hello friends and neighbors // Whew... had to go look in the safe, thought someone might have sold mine.

It is still there . :scrutiny:Same barrel wear and thumb print on the frame.
Who would want such a heavy antique anyway, probably the last to sell if I had to.. With the trigger job it is almost decent and the fact that it is a 1976 probably only matters to me.
They sure knew how to clutter up a good box back then. Now they just put disclaimers and locks right on the gun.

Nice find Cajun Bass I hope yours is better than mine.:D

If not I might need another for spare parts;).

Deltaboy
February 2, 2011, 12:14 PM
Nice Find I love the 28 as much as I regret selling my COLT Trooper III.

camsdaddy
February 2, 2011, 12:25 PM
Wow such frivolus spending. I hate you wasted you hard earned money on such an outdated piece. I hope you arent planning on shooting targets with the antique. If you do you will become flustered trying to find the holes. All those bullets going in one hole can be frustrating. I wish you luck. When you get tired of holding your doors and driving nails. I know of a nice home in Georgia.

788Ham
February 2, 2011, 12:26 PM
I've gotta a hunk of rail iron for my door stop, wanna trade? How do you guys always come across these ancient hunks of older iron? I never see these when I'm out and about! Nice find, too bad you have such a pushy wife too !!!

KevinB
February 2, 2011, 06:38 PM
CajunBass,

Send it this way and I'll take it off your hands. I'll even pay for shipping. A word of warning, without that internal lock the gun will fire when the trigger is pulled!!!!!! :what:

Nice find. Beautiful gun.

bushmaster1313
February 2, 2011, 07:09 PM
Note, it does have high tech cellulosic polymer grips.
God does great work.

Snobal
February 2, 2011, 07:51 PM
WOW!

Nice door stop!

Wish I had a 4" 27 or 28.

Reminds me of the S&W Model 15 that I got my Sweetheart for Christmas, 1972:-)

Deaf Smith
February 2, 2011, 07:58 PM
While the 4 inch HP is a great gun, I lust for the 3 1/2 Smith 27.

*Sigh*

Yes I need it like a hole in the head but I've always wanted one. And they don't come cheap these days!

Deaf

Flint Ridge
February 2, 2011, 09:12 PM
That's a beauty that will stop more than just doors;)

Sistema1927
February 2, 2011, 09:17 PM
Where ya stick da magazine?

Very nice find. They don't make them like that anymore. sigh

Nomad
February 2, 2011, 09:40 PM
Oooohhh there nothing like a well made wheel gun. The older I get the more I love 'em!

dallascj
February 2, 2011, 11:10 PM
I don't think that will make a very good door stop. Let me send you a brick; it will do a much better job and you can send me that old piece of junk. I'll dispose of it for ya :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Well, I found this old doorstop..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!