Tyler T Grips on Ebay

PDA

okc-zee
February 2, 2011, 11:24 AM
Really getting out of hand IMO...I just saw 4 of these go for outrageous prices...Two went for $71 bucks each..one went for $66, and one just went for $104 dollars!!:what: Am I missing something here? I have 3 of them that I paid 30 bucks each for,and I thought that I overpaid...I guess it's about whatever it's worth to the individual,but I still think it's getting a bit ridiculous...just my .02...

If you enjoyed reading about "Tyler T Grips on Ebay" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Joe in fla
February 2, 2011, 11:33 AM
Wow! I have some of these that I inherited from my old man. I had no idea that they were worth that kind of money! I guess I need to post them on E-Greed, er, ah, I mean E-bay.

Seriously, what makes them so desirable??

1KPerDay
February 2, 2011, 11:40 AM
Can't get them anymore (or at least it's questionable), traditionalists like them, they look good and feel good, etc.
I wouldn't pay more than $30 (and haven't), but some of the rarer variants have gone through the roof.

Joe, got one for an N frame smith? I'll give you $25 shipped... :D

wadcutter45
February 2, 2011, 01:06 PM
Tyler is still in business. Nice folks too. Small family business. You'll have to wait for them, maybe 6-8 weeks, and they don't take phone or internet orders. Print out the order form and mail it in with a check.

http://www.t-grips.com/

Or buy on E-bay

savit260
February 2, 2011, 01:20 PM
Isn't the owner having some health issues, and that's why there has been a backlog?

Remember reading about it on one of the forums somewhere.

Cosmoline
February 2, 2011, 01:23 PM
Bryan did have some health problems leading to a heart attack, and understandably got backlogged. But he's recovered and his family and workers stepped in and helped fill their back orders. I had to wait about six months during the troubles, but I did get my T-Grips and they're the same high quality as always.

I would not spend a ton on E-Bay for them, but I WOULD get any orders in now for T-Grips you may be wanting now or in the future. It's pretty much a small shop and its long term future is never certain.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
February 2, 2011, 01:26 PM
Remember, the wood panel grip on each side needs to be FLUSH with the front frame strap, otherwise, they won't fit properly and there will be a separation.

I got one for my 642 with wood grip panels and I did not quite understand their requirement, but when I got it, it did not fit properly due to the wood not being exactly flush with the front of the frame strap.

I called the woman, she accepted it back and gave me full credit!

Very nice to do business with, I only wished it would have worked.:(

savit260
February 2, 2011, 01:36 PM
I only wished it would have worked

Why didn't you just get a set of J frame service panel style stocks if you wanted to use the T Grip?

Those are easy to come by and fairly inexpensive. I would think most gun shops would have a few pairs kicking around their used parts bins.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
February 2, 2011, 02:09 PM
I did. I got them special order from S&W as the gun came with a rubber grip.

I know, I know, I could have called S&W and got other grip panels and chewed them out. When it didn't work, I was frustrated, but I wanted it to all end then and there. I had already put too much time into getting the grip panels, waiting for the Tyler, then all excited to find out I should have done my homework.

As it is, I could take it or leave it. The gun is my daily carry, so it's not like I am shooting every night, or even one night a week! In the summer I will shoot more.

earlthegoat2
February 2, 2011, 02:54 PM
I did notice that too. I sold one on here a bit back for 20 bucks. I guess my asking price was too low. Sold quick though and I did not lose money on it. I think the ones for Colt D and J frames and Ruger Six series go for pretty high. Smith K frames are probably the lowest since they are most common.

I used to buy lots of 4-5 of them if they were in a group sold by the same seller for like 50 bucks then I would double my money selling them individually.

I used to try and find the one I wanted in a group of them so I could buy them all and then sell the rest and get a free T grip and then some.

Someone obviously got wise.

No worries, I did my buying while it was good I guess.

savit260
February 2, 2011, 02:56 PM
That's really too bad you had so much trouble. I'm not sure I follow you though... You ordered service panels from S&W and they didn't work with the T grip?

or did they send you "combat" or "Target" style grips that fill in behind the trigger guard? Those definitely won't work.

Regardless, it's too bad because J frame service panels are all over the place in the aftermarket, as well as factory take offs on ebay , used bins etc. Shouldn't run much over $10 or $15 for a pair.

ColtPythonElite
February 2, 2011, 06:46 PM
I prefer to buy them new directly from Tyler and have gotten a couple in the past year without too much of a wait...However, I did score a really nice older one off eBay a while back for around 20 bucks or so. It came in a little cardboard box with their logo printed on it. The original price tag shows it was 5 bucks.

Deaf Smith
February 2, 2011, 07:02 PM
I have a pair on my Ruger Secuirty Six low back revolver.

And they do work as well as add some class to your hogleg.

Deaf

frank c
February 2, 2011, 07:16 PM
I plan on ordering a few sets of the tyler grips for my ruger speed six and J-frame S&W:D Looks to be a good product IMHO:)

Zebraranger
February 2, 2011, 09:39 PM
I put the Tyler T grip on this old new unfired in the box Security Six that I fortunately ran across a few months back. The Tyler T fills the grip out nicely and I like the old school look too. Here's a before and after the Tyler T.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/zebraranger/Collection/009.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/zebraranger/Collection/019.jpg

ColtPythonElite
February 3, 2011, 12:07 PM
Sharp looking Ruger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tyler T Grips on Ebay" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!