L!A!barrel questions

PDA

TelefunkenU45
February 2, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hello one and all. after I got my L1A1 I started looking around for flash hiders & spare parts. the barrel I have on it does not have the flash hider on it nor is the barrel chromed. I can deal with the chrome not being there, I just clean it, but since when I bought the gun, I was also sold a parts gun barrel .
My question is: is there any law preventing me from having a flash hider put on it? or replacing the modified barrel with the parts gun barrel?
I know this sounds stupid but after hearing the rumors I think it best to ask

and generally speaking how much , should I be unable to do It myself, would a gunsmith charge to add the flash hider or change the barrels?

If you enjoyed reading about "L!A!barrel questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
W.E.G.
February 2, 2011, 03:00 PM
Unless your state prohibits flash hiders, you can have one.

Be sure you have sufficient 922(r) parts on the gun.

Unless you have a FAL receiver wrench, and the proper know-how, you should consider sending the gun to a gunsmith for changing barrels or for threading the muzzle for a flash hider.

If you enjoyed reading about "L!A!barrel questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!