FNX

PDA

laguna0seca
February 2, 2011, 08:03 PM
So I love both the FNP and the FNX. The FNX slightly more so, because of the slightly lighter weight and the extra round capacity. However, the FNX has some pretty bulky controls, particularly the mag release on the right side of the gun. Does anyone know of a company that makes slightly more streamlined controls for this gun. I am aware that it is fairly new.

If you enjoyed reading about "FNX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wbwanzer
February 2, 2011, 08:57 PM
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I posted anyway because I love my FNX-9 also. Seems to be an underappreciated pistol. The controls aren't bothering me.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/wbwanzer/FNX-9004.jpg

bikemutt
February 2, 2011, 09:18 PM
I had a choice between the two and picked the FNP. The grip stippling on the FNX was something I could not seem to get past, much too aggressive for my taste.

My FNP9 is, by a wide margin, my favorite gun to shoot.

ElrodCod
February 3, 2011, 09:40 AM
FN guns aren't widely supported by the aftermarket. The FNX safety can't be changed anyway, it's pressed in & has to be broken to be removed. Only the factory can reinstall one.

laguna0seca
February 3, 2011, 02:40 PM
The FNX safety can't be changed anyway, it's pressed in & has to be broken to be removed.

That's too bad. When I grip the gun, I will sometimes drop the mag. Can't have that. Looks like I will have to go with the FNP.

rellascout
February 3, 2011, 03:34 PM
On your FNX do you find that when you swipe the safety off that you sometimes decock the gun?

Some people seem to have his issues with the FN USGs. I would say that 25%of the time upon presentation I swipe to safety off and it decocks. I do not carry my FNP USG cocked and locked so its not an issue for me but I was wondering if the FNX's safety design addressed this issue.

wbwanzer
February 3, 2011, 03:44 PM
rellascout if you're asking about my FNX and the safety and decocking, I can't answer. I've only had the gun a few weeks and it will be a range gun 99% of the time. Living in the People's Republic of Maryland there is no such thing as 'carrying' for me. So the gun sits in the safe until I go to the range. I don't even have a holster for it for range use yet.

balance 740
February 3, 2011, 04:06 PM
rellascout, I used to own an FNX, and I found it hard to accidentally decock. The safety is ambidextrous, and if I tried to decock one side, the other side would hit my trigger finger knuckle.

If you enjoyed reading about "FNX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!