decent price for this gun?

PDA

fallout mike
February 3, 2011, 02:38 PM
I know nothing about these guns so I need input. Is $499 a decent price for a savage model 10 in .308? It has a leupold base and rings also. Once again I know nothing about these so please don't think I'm a retard or anything but the bolt says savage tactical and it has a really thick barrel on it. What do they costs new? Oh yea, it nearly looks brand new.

If you enjoyed reading about "decent price for this gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vern Humphrey
February 3, 2011, 02:56 PM
From www.gunsamerica.com

Savage Model 10 in 308 Wincester 943430484

Savage Rifles > Standard Bolt Action > Sporting
This is a Savage Arms model 10 rifle. It comes chambered in .308 Winchester with a 22" barrel and 4Rd capacity. The stock has multiple dings on the underside. The dings you see ... (read more)
Seller: cabanned $450.00

Add $25-35 for shipping and $25 for transfer fee from your FFL and it's right at $500.

Skylerbone
February 3, 2011, 03:09 PM
??? http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_62/products_id/70992

They make a lot of different models, different stocks, combos, etc. Not knowing the history of the rifle or seeing it firsthand no one can really say. There may be problems, it may be perfect. Ultimately it is always the buyer who decides.

A better description would help including stock color and shape, barrel length, threaded/ported?

fallout mike
February 3, 2011, 03:35 PM
Black stock, 24" barrel. Not ported or threaded

If you enjoyed reading about "decent price for this gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!