Bill O'reilly

PDA

kentucky bucky
January 1, 2004, 09:19 PM
Bill has done it again!! He lumped anyone that owns a "assault weapon" into the fringe wacko catagory. I believe that the love is rapidly leaving our relationship. There's only one thing worse than a ignorant "know it all", and that's one with a nationally popular TV show. This guy is right about some things, but he's stupid about guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bill O'reilly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mrapathy2000
January 1, 2004, 09:40 PM
I am slowly being more and more turned away from foxnews. used to like them but they are slowly becoming like rest of the media minus rush. though I dont agree with everything rush has to say. I guess its realistic and overhopefull to expect a perfect world which means ones personal ideals.

Greg Bell
January 1, 2004, 09:40 PM
I'm a true-blue conservative and I have always believed O'Reilly to be a moronic blow-hard jackass. I laughed my a$$ off when Neal Boortz slammed him a few months back. What a self-righteous butt-nugget!:cuss:

SodaPop
January 1, 2004, 09:45 PM
That was the most irrational and uneducated I've ever seen him.

You can't say "semi-auto" on tv because everyone just freaks out.

He used the term "semi-automatics" in the same category as bazookas and thinks they are all under this past AWB.

He's a fricken putz.

Bruce H
January 1, 2004, 10:06 PM
Bill O'Riley needs but stroked in the mouth. With his jaws wired together for several weeks he just might have to listen. He is showing the difference between anything remotely resembleing a journalist and an entertainer.

Jeff Thomas
January 1, 2004, 11:48 PM
I too was very disappointed. The guy came off like a left-wing wacko. All talk, no brains.

I still hold hope he is basically an intelligent guy. Send him a polite email (oreilly@foxnews.com), straighten him out, and challenge him to return to facts ... not BS.

Regards from TX

WonderNine
January 1, 2004, 11:53 PM
Bill has done it again!! He lumped anyone that owns a "assault weapon" into the fringe wacko catagory.

There's no fool like an old fool.

Daedalus
January 2, 2004, 12:36 AM
Just tell him that he can use an assault weapon to defend his hubcaps from the hordes of teenagers he feels are after them.

Greg Bell
January 2, 2004, 12:42 AM
A few weeks ago he said that the assault weapons ban should be renewed because regular citizens don't need bazookas. What an *********.

jimpeel
January 2, 2004, 12:42 AM
Guys, guys! It was a rerun -- a "best of" as it were. This is the same show that gleaned all of these threads here on THR.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53995

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53868

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53948

Its been done to death.

What you won't see repeated is his mea culpa on how the "bazooka" comment was a joke. Of course the replay lets us see one more time how serious he was when he was "joking" and cutting Pratt off from responding to the "bazooka" comment.

G1FAL
January 2, 2004, 05:52 AM
This bozo is never going to shut his big ignorant mouth, and too many people cant accept the fact that he's a damn neoCON. I stopped watching his show quite a while ago, and I'm glad I did. I can watch just about anything else on FoxNews, but not him. He's just too damn stupid and ignorant.

Waitone
January 2, 2004, 09:04 AM
If Mr. O makes a factual error, then take the time to address a brief and on-point email and nail his Lon Giland keester to the chair.

If Mr. O expresses an opinion you don't like, sound off in a professional manner.

The worst thing you can do is let ignorance or stupidity be broadcast without challenge.

ravinraven
January 2, 2004, 09:54 AM
....ignored. Yep. I responded to the original thing about the bazooka and didn't see it on his show. He has an agenda like everyone else. I imagine that he pulls this anti-gun thing to keep some of the basket-case-liberals watching him. Don't know.

Having everyone get re-torqued off because of the re-run reminds me of the blond who lost 20 bucks betting on a football game. She lost $10 on the play and another $10 on the instant re-play.

Sorry. Just joshing.

rr

Malone LaVeigh
January 2, 2004, 08:54 PM
Conservative and anti-gun. Doesn't sound in the least bit inconsistent to me.

Greg Bell
January 2, 2004, 09:04 PM
"Conservative and anti-gun. Doesn't sound in the least bit inconsistent to me."

Sadly, idiocy isn't exclusive to any ideology.

Bainx
January 2, 2004, 09:22 PM
It's people like O'reilly that have my once-upon-a-time truly conservative in-laws both stomping their feet and yelling for the AWB to be renewed.

As it turned out, they did not know what an assault rifle is. I explained as thoroughly as I could that it has to do with cosmetics and not "a big black gun" or "high capacity". Don't know if it sunk in.

Greg Bell
January 2, 2004, 09:29 PM
Oh, and I don't consider O'Reilly to be much of a conservative. He seems like a populist ********* like Perot. He just tries to guess what the trailer park set is thinking.

armabill
January 2, 2004, 09:46 PM
We all know that he's wrong! Dead wrong.

Even if he wasn't, I still don't like him. He seems to be talking down to everyone.

Don Gwinn
January 2, 2004, 10:02 PM
O'Reilly lost favor with me a long time ago. Much more recently than his AWB idiocy were his bizarre comments on his feud with Drudge. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on Drudge, but O'Reilly's nuts.

The gist of it went like this:
1. O'Reilly claimed he and Hillary Clinton were tied for number one or two (or something like that) on the bestseller list.
2. Drudge posted the numbers from Neilsen that proved that O'Reilly was lying through his teeth about that. Actually, Clinton is up there, but O'Reilly's book is way back on the list.
3. O'Reilly didn't like that, so he accused Drudge of lying (even though Drudge's numbers can be confirmed by asking Neilsen) and called the internet "a threat to democracy" which is "badly in need of editors."

:scrutiny:

SodaPop
January 2, 2004, 10:17 PM
*Remember* O'reilly, went into the talk radio thing right when Rush Limbaugh started to go deaf. O'reilly has a much better TV show than radio, but he was totally trying to pull from Limbaugh; even though it was a dismal failure.

Solinvictus70
January 2, 2004, 11:49 PM
He was on the air here in Chattanooga less than a year. His time slot is now filled with some locally produced medical Q&A program.

Pendragon
January 3, 2004, 03:15 AM
You guys do realize that they paid stations to run his show right?

clubsoda22
January 3, 2004, 04:07 AM
being liberal, i hate Bill with a bitter passion...now even moreso as there is not even one thing we agree on.

Jeff Thomas
January 3, 2004, 06:27 PM
I had the feeling it was a "best of" rerun ...

... however, that doesn't make me feel any better. As a matter of fact, it bothers me more. They had plenty of time to realize Bill was full of manure ... and then they run it as a "best of"? Bad form. Very bad form.

Regards from TX

Justin
January 3, 2004, 06:31 PM
being liberal, i hate Bill with a bitter passion... Being capable of rational thought, I hate O'Reilly with a bitter passion. The guy is a sanctimonious twit.

WilderBill
January 4, 2004, 05:47 PM
Some time back Frank Zappa produced an album that used the entire back cover to list everyone he INTENDED to insult.
It carefully included every race, religion, nationality, sexual preference, political leaning, etc.
He stated that he wanted to be completely fair about it and that if you felt left out to let him know so that you could receive your fair share of abuse later.

Sometimes I think O'Reilly is being sort of like that...
except that it was all in jest with Zappa. :scrutiny:

7.62FullMetalJacket
January 4, 2004, 07:13 PM
He is a sanctimoniuos, sand-bagging, blowhard-populist. He has no ideology, only sound-bite beliefs.

dischord
January 4, 2004, 07:30 PM
O'Reilly actually reminds me of Clinton, not in style or substance, but in strategy and tactics. On the AW, I really get the feeling that O'Reilly is "triangulating" (ala Clinton) to create the appearance of "moderation." I suspect that he hopes that more people on the left might pay attention to him, upping his audience, which ups his ad revenue.

I've never heard a radio show that had more incestuous self promotion. "That's a great point, and well, you know in my book (available on my webpage) I point out..." Heck, each time he awards a caller with a free membership to his premium website, it's actually a thinly-disguised plug for his website

If WJFK didn't have him on right before Don & Mike, I'd never listen to him. As it is, I probably hear him about an hour per week total, and I respect him less and less. (Hmm? I wonder how much he's riding Don & Mike's coat tails for his D.C. market ratings?)

hansolo
January 4, 2004, 07:43 PM
I live in a doublewide and take offense at being lumped into O'Reilly's intended demographics:evil:

"..Whatcha gonna do when they come for you..."

NorthernExtreme
January 4, 2004, 08:17 PM
Bazookas and the AWB, People don't need an UZI to hunt deer, Sounds like extreme Spin has found it way into Bills "No spin zone". :uhoh: He should just call it the MY Spin Zone.

Too bad Bill can't live by the same rules he expects the rest of the world to follow. I wonder if he feels the same about himself as he feels about others who spin the issue for personal reasons or to avoid responsibility?

He's a blowhard!!!!

He's lost all connection with reality and is living in the land of Bill. Another one who got too much, too fast, and can't handle it. May his world come crashing down and settle in the land or reality with the rest of us (for his own good).

MeekandMild
January 4, 2004, 08:38 PM
Being capable of rational thought, I hate O'Reilly with a bitter passion. It isn't polite nor kind to hate people. I think of him as being beneath hatred. Perhaps a mild dislike or a vague disgust, but hatred? No.

People don't need an UZI to hunt deer, Well he's right in a way. An Uzi is a collector's item like a piece of fine china or a crystal punchbowl.

This sounds exactly like the stuff my former barber used to say, back when I lived in Gomorrah. Poor old "Joe" used to spout off about how worthless a Uzi was for the common citizen. Joe was the salt of the earth but he had an IQ of about 80 and used to watch TV all day as he cut hair.

I challenged him one day to find one single current case of a legal Uzi being used to commit a crime, but he was so pitifully dumb I never could actually criticize him when he couldn't. He was a good barber but not much of a political philospher.

NorthernExtreme
January 4, 2004, 09:03 PM
"People don't need an UZI to hunt Deer"

Truth is the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunding deer. It's about freedom and the security of a free state. And for that an UZI is quite effective along with all the other "Assault Weapons" they want to ban. That is the true intent of the AWB IMHO.

They don't mind if we hunt Deer (NOW). They don't want us hunting TYRANTS.

clubsoda22
January 4, 2004, 10:27 PM
Frankly, i have never hunted in my life, but when i get an AK47, i might just change that so i can prove idiots who say that wrong. I NEED to hunt with my AK because i don't have another rifle...BOOYAH!

7.62FullMetalJacket
January 4, 2004, 10:36 PM
I hunt with my FAL all the time.

An UZI is probably only legal for small game. :uhoh:

SodaPop
January 4, 2004, 10:51 PM
dischord

Nailed it.

jimpeel
January 5, 2004, 02:20 AM
People don't need an UZI to hunt deer, ...In reality, he should have said "People cannot legally use an UZI to hunt deer, ..."

If you enjoyed reading about "Bill O'reilly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!