What should I ask for my Security Six?

PDA

Sniper X
February 3, 2011, 05:25 PM
I think I'll sell the Security Six since I have so many revolvers and never shoot it. It is really nice, only a bit of holster wear on the high points of the cyl and a tad near the tip of the barrel. The rest of the bluing is great and the gun is an excellent shooter. It's a 4in blued one with stock stocks and adjustable sights. Box and papers. I have it in the WTS WTT section for a price but really want to trade it for an entry level 1911 but how much should I ask for it?

If you enjoyed reading about "What should I ask for my Security Six?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PapaG
February 3, 2011, 05:56 PM
they seem to be going anywhere from 275 to 400 in our area...depending on whether they are first or second model and on condition. 200 year models bring about fifty bucks more (roll marked, "made in the 200th year of....")

Sniper X
February 3, 2011, 06:07 PM
I decided to put mine at 425 and that seems fine for what they are selling for on GB plus mine has the box and papers which none of them on GB seem to have unless they are in worse condition y far than mine.

Cosmoline
February 3, 2011, 06:19 PM
Looking at your ad, I think your price is reasonable considering the very good condition and the box. The 4" blued are not as hot a commodity as the short bbl versions, but it's still an excellent revolver.

Sniper X
February 3, 2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks Cosmo, I think the price is fine in reality although I would prefer a trade for a entry level 1911. Thanks! I'll leave it at 425 since it is in such great shape and I know the history and have box and papers!

PapaG
February 3, 2011, 07:58 PM
I have three....obviously I'm a Ruger fan, 2 3/4, 4, 6", first and last are blue, 4 is a stainless 200 year model. Won't part with any of them. Took two deer with the first...not recommended but they were chip shots and it worked out well. The 4" travels with me on the farm, two shot loads, four lyman swcs ahead of a stout but sane load of Unique.

All that said, my new love is a SP101, 3 1/16" which is too cute, too handy, and too darn accurate for a belly gun.

Are you sure you want to get rid of such a fine gun. I think they are more svelt and handy than the gps.

Sniper X
February 3, 2011, 09:19 PM
Only way I will is if I get what I want for it, or a 1911 in trade. I have six .357s and do love this one but want another 1911.

If you enjoyed reading about "What should I ask for my Security Six?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!