Should I buy this?

PDA

boltbender
February 3, 2011, 08:48 PM
Found a very clean S&W 19-3 for $499 at Cabelas. I posed a question regarding a good revolver for IDPA and this model was mentioned as a good candidate. I don't know much about values of guns. What do y'all think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I buy this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nomad
February 3, 2011, 08:53 PM
Sounds a bit high to me but then they seem to get a premium. I don't claim to be an expert but I have seem Mod 66s cheaper recently.

the foot
February 3, 2011, 09:07 PM
That's high for a Model 19 in my area. I guess it depends on your location, whether that price is ok or not.

Jim Watson
February 3, 2011, 09:16 PM
That seems big store retail on the price; but it is a good serviceable revolver, just about right for IDPA SSR.

madcratebuilder
February 4, 2011, 07:40 AM
Cabelas has always haggled on prices with me. I would offer $425, they'll come back at $475 or so and you end up at $450.

Standing Wolf
February 4, 2011, 01:32 PM
I always haggle. I don't always get what I ask for, but never get what I don't ask for.

evan price
February 4, 2011, 03:25 PM
imho, overpriced by about $100 or so. Maybe more if the Blue Book is to be believed (which it isn't).

Archie
February 4, 2011, 04:06 PM
No. You should not. You should tell your Uncle Archie in which Cabellas this revolver is located and I'll get it and save you the temptation.

Ain't I a prince?

P. S. I'll haggle the price down some. $400 would be a decent price if the revolver is in good or better shape.

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I buy this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!