sp 101 sights

PDA

HelterSkelter
February 4, 2011, 02:06 AM
i recently sent in my ruger sp101 for some work to ruger in new hampshire. when it came back everything was perfect, except i noticed the sights were a little messed up, i guess they got knocked around in the mail. anyway i was wondering how to adjust these sights. they are the fixed sights.

also they fixed the ejector rod rattle by crimping the metal a little :D

If you enjoyed reading about "sp 101 sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HelterSkelter
February 4, 2011, 02:04 PM
would hammering the little pin in the barrel below the front sight move it?

357 Terms
February 4, 2011, 02:59 PM
Would it move the pin? yes

HelterSkelter
February 4, 2011, 06:36 PM
lol will it move the sight over is what i mean? or does that just hold it in place? it seems to be a bit uneven. maybe it's just he light playing tricks.

chuckdeez
February 5, 2011, 08:43 AM
Moving the pin will not drift the sight either way. The channel is cut in the same direction of the barrel. Not sure what could be wrong with the sights other than maybe being scratched up. I couldn't imagine bending the sp101 sight either left or right, the blade is about as tall as it is wide lol. If you dont like it, follow these instructions:

http://rugerforum.net/optics/5918-sp-101-meprolight-tritium-front-sight.html

wow6599
February 5, 2011, 09:04 AM
Are you sure the barrel isn't canted?

If you enjoyed reading about "sp 101 sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!