How do you feel about holsters w/ mag holders built in

PDA

dovedescending
February 4, 2011, 02:05 PM
I was wondering how people felt about holsters with built-in mag holders, such as the FIST #45 (http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/45.htm). Especially for compact or subcompacts, this looks like a pretty decent setup. Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you feel about holsters w/ mag holders built in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zundfolge
February 4, 2011, 02:31 PM
The only downside is that you have to reach across with your left hand (if you're right handed) so if you carry back like 4 o'clock it might be difficult to get to easily.

Otherwise as long as its not a "one size fits all" holster it should make a good rig at 3 o'clock.

The Lone Haranguer
February 4, 2011, 10:39 PM
The only advantage I can see to them is that your holster, gun and mag are all in the same package, ready to put on or take off more quickly and easily and always remaining together. The downside, as Z pointed out above, will become apparent when you actually need to reload. I don't personally recommend this type of holster.

Owen
February 4, 2011, 10:43 PM
I don't like them, for the reasons stated above.

Sam1911
February 4, 2011, 11:24 PM
Yup. Mags on one side, gun on the other. If my hands were both on the same side of my body, a combo holster & mag pouch would be very convenient.

k4swb
February 4, 2011, 11:48 PM
I like them for range work and woods walking. I usually wear cross draw while involved in these activities so the mag remains on my left side.

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you feel about holsters w/ mag holders built in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!