Great gun encounter today....

PDA

mcdonl
February 4, 2011, 09:02 PM
I was at a fellas house picking up a 1980 Tasco 629TR range finding scope, still in the box never used for $15.... The man said, "If you know anyone who likes guns I have this for sale....."

He pulls a wooden box out of a bag and it is a centennial single six... it was just a stunning display.

I asked if he minded if I handled the gun and he said of course. It was beautiful. I opened the loading gate and it appeared to have some sort of a wax ring around the cylinder. It looked to have never even been loaded.

The engraving on it was awesome. I wish I took a picture. I have a cheap single action revolver and I tell you right now that I will be selling it and buying a single six.

If you enjoyed reading about "Great gun encounter today...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Radagast
February 4, 2011, 09:06 PM
Nice find. :)
Single Six revolvers are excellent, durable firearms, it will last you a life time.

Colt Smith
February 4, 2011, 09:41 PM
Well, how much was he asking for it? Did you get it or not?

tekarra
February 4, 2011, 09:47 PM
You were in the right place at the right time. Post some photos when you get it home.

mcdonl
February 5, 2011, 12:39 AM
Oh gosh no. Way out of my price range. I directed him to this site, a local FFL that I trust and gunbroker. I figured the gun must have been worth 500-700 and I cannot afford that much. I am sure I could have gotten it for a lot less but he deserves more.

WC145
February 5, 2011, 10:37 AM
Did you even ask how much he wanted?

mcdonl
February 5, 2011, 11:53 AM
No, but PM me if you are interested in his email. He lives in Portland. I am in the market for a new gun, but even the lower end of what his is worth is outside my price range.

Jaymo
February 5, 2011, 06:10 PM
I lucked into a .32 H&R stainless Single Six for $195 a few years ago. It was unfired, in the box. I'd like to put bird's head grips and grip frame on it.

I'd love to have a stainless .22 lr/mag single six convertible.

I'd also like to have a a bearcat .22.

If you enjoyed reading about "Great gun encounter today...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!