need help finding the right scope rings

PDA

cemjr
February 4, 2011, 09:59 PM
I have a Noveske N4 low pro 16" ar-15 (flat top). I picked-up a Leupold VX-III 1.5x5 scope, it's a 1" tube. I need to clear the Troy inds. BUIS . The rings/mount will need to measure 1" from the bottom of the tube to the top of the receiver minimum. It would be nice to have it in a one piece QD in case I needed to remove it to use the irons but I don't want to "break the bank" to get this feature. Can I use either weaver or picatinny? I looked at some extreme tacticals made of steel, they weighted a ton! Please help, my eyes are about to fall out from surfing the net!

If you enjoyed reading about "need help finding the right scope rings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
February 4, 2011, 10:33 PM
I believe American Defense and Larue both make what you are looking for, but will both cost a good bit. The Burris PEPR or Armalite Mount might also fit the bill, and cost a good bit less (about 1/3 to 50% of the aforementioned), but are not available with the QD feature to the best of my knowledge.

:)

cemjr
February 4, 2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks, found the burris P.E.P.R that should fit the bill and they now offer it in a QD version.

Maverick223
February 4, 2011, 11:39 PM
NP, glad you found what you needed.

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "need help finding the right scope rings" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!