Mini-14 Dressed Up!

PDA

KMO
February 5, 2011, 01:41 PM
I thought my 196-series Mini-14 was all set up the way I wanted it, but my buddy, Charley, in Alabama said it needed one of his Genuine Leather Dangly Things to hang off of the Mo-Rod...:cool:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk26/kbmoffitt/P2050001b.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini-14 Dressed Up!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DFW1911
February 5, 2011, 01:52 PM
What rings did you use for the scope? Seems that every set I've tried come loose sooner than later!

husker
February 5, 2011, 01:55 PM
well they aint the set of rings that come with the American made AK,I mean Mini. I have this prob to. The rings loosen up. So how much did the Mo-Rod shrink your groups ? I had mine Cyroed =frozen at some god awful negative temp. it worked for the stringing prob. I bought the Accu strut but haven't shot it since I put it on my American made Mini ranch AK :D

KMO
February 5, 2011, 02:11 PM
What rings did you use for the scope?
They are Weaver see-through rings for the Mini-14 Ranch model.

So how much did the Mo-Rod shrink your groups?
Well, The Mo-Rod is my product, so I suppose I have a conflict of interest in answering that question. It's a tack driver, man, a tack driver! :cool:

husker
February 5, 2011, 02:18 PM
AS long as they shoot M.O.Coyote
I have had a lot of fun fine tuning mine.
you have no trouble with the see through rings loosening up ?
did you use any lock tite of any kind?

i loves my gun
February 5, 2011, 02:29 PM
good lookn gun

WardenWolf
February 5, 2011, 02:32 PM
Not bad. I'm more of an AK man, but that's a nice looking gun.

KMO
February 5, 2011, 03:47 PM
You have no trouble with the see through rings loosening up? Did you use any lock tite of any kind?

I use blue (medium strength) Loc-Tite on all of my rings...never have any trouble.

JAV8000
February 5, 2011, 04:35 PM
I got my 591 Mini 14 dressed up in a Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20mm scope with factory medium rings, she's a bute, I'll try to post some picks. I also have an Accu-Strut on mine, it's good for 1.5 MOA all day with various cheap ammo. If I hand loaded I'm sure I could get MOA out of it. Oh, btw, low strength lock tight works for me just fine.

VT Deer Hunter
February 5, 2011, 04:36 PM
Nice gun!

Rich223
February 19, 2011, 09:50 AM
you can get those rings at cheaper than dirt for about 15 bucks, they say see through or something on them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini-14 Dressed Up!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!