Road to Perdition Gun Question

PDA

Badger Arms
January 2, 2004, 05:05 AM
Okay, several autos were used in the movie. Of course, we have the 1911's. I couldn't identify three of the weapons.

1) What was the gun that the brothel owner was going to shoot Sullivan with?
2) What model Savage auto was the sadistic photographer using?

If you enjoyed reading about "Road to Perdition Gun Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratz2
January 2, 2004, 10:53 AM
I think the Savage is either a 1909 or a 1917 in either 32 or 380 (according to a poster on The Firing Line) and several claim the revolver to be a Colt Detective Special though at least one person disagreed.

BluesBear
January 10, 2004, 11:15 PM
1) 4" nickle plated medium frame Colt or S&W.

I've seen the movie a couple of times and it's hard to tell. When I saw it in the theatre I was thinking it was a Colt Police Positive but I am not 100%.

Perhaps someone with the DVD can get a screen shot.
I actually have it on order from Columbia House so if no one else gets it I will eventually.

It was a Detective Special that he gave his son for protection when he left him in the car. This is right before Mike killed "the Messenger".

2) At the Englewood Diner the Photographer/Hitman had a Savage 1907.

What was the third gun you couldn't identify?

Badger Arms
January 10, 2004, 11:49 PM
Actually, it was a grainy shot that, through context, I discovered was the 1907 and edited my first post. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Road to Perdition Gun Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!