full-lug 1 piece or half-lug 2 piece

PDA

i loves my gun
February 5, 2011, 08:03 PM
Which would you prefer, full underlug with one piece barrel or half-lug 2 piece barrel?

If you enjoyed reading about "full-lug 1 piece or half-lug 2 piece" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
February 5, 2011, 08:58 PM
Outside of the old Dan Wesson revolvers, whose barrels were purposely made to be easily interchanged, I don't think I would care for a two-piece barrel of either shape. That probably leaves out a number of new Smith & Wessons. :rolleyes:

Radagast
February 6, 2011, 05:05 AM
Assuming S&W products: neither, I would go with the slabsided 686SSR, 686 Plus Pro, 627 PC or 627 Pro. One piece barrel with a light profile.
If I had to choose between the two I would go with the full lug one piece, mainly because of reports of some two piece barrels breaking off at the frame, at least with the K frame variants.

i loves my gun
February 6, 2011, 02:47 PM
thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "full-lug 1 piece or half-lug 2 piece" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!