just got it.

PDA

nastynatesfish
February 5, 2011, 10:59 PM
just got a dpms sportical. it shoots good and feels good. that being said, its my first AR. What should i keep an eye on? im gonna order a tapco set fir it. im gonna put a kg inish on it also to get rid of rhe black on black look. any other ideas or opi.ions to make it a better all around rifle? gonna be using it for varmint hunting too as soonas my 5 round mag gets here. tganks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "just got it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
beeenbag
February 5, 2011, 11:04 PM
What should i keep an eye on?

The target.

Put some rounds through that puppy.

madcratebuilder
February 6, 2011, 06:06 AM
Get lots of ammo, a copy of the 23&p, lot's of range time.

MiniZ
February 6, 2011, 11:03 AM
If by "a tapco set", you mean Tapco furniture, I would suggest you find something else. Tapco furniture is cheap for a reason, and there are much better choices for not much more money.

Otherwise, invest in mags and ammo and enjoy shooting your new rifle.

jpwilly
February 6, 2011, 01:09 PM
What sights did you get...are you using a red dot or did you pick up aftermarket sights?

Use good ammo since you don't have a foward assist keep it clean.

Stay away from ProMag magazines!

Consider the Magpul furniture for similar price to Tapco I believe it to be a better value.

The sportical is a decent rifle but lacks a forward assist, shell deflector, triggers are heavy, the bore and chamber are not chrome lined...otherwise a decent lightweight carbine.

nastynatesfish
February 6, 2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks on the feedback. Already put 200 rounds through it. I just like the tapco brand ill check into tge magpul though. I got the carry handle rear sight and a factory type front till i get tge flip ups thst i want, thatll be tomorrow that i order them. Was looking to put a 6x scope on it snd be able to remove for coyote shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "just got it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!