A Great All Around Gun...

PDA

TheGent
February 6, 2011, 02:00 PM
The Public Defender. I have had it now for three weeks. This is the standard with the full hammer not the ultralight version with the bobbed hammer. I found while handling many versions that I had to adjust my grip to pull back on the bobbed hammer. I like the option of single action to maximize control for distance shots, which I have yet to try on this one. And I figured the ultralight would be hell on recoil (I was comparing to my S&W .38 spl 637 Airweight which kicks like a mule and wonder what the effects of an ultralight 45LC would be) so I decided to go with the full weight version in all blue. I bought one of the exclusives with the wood grips. The gun did come with an extra set of ribber grips. I was ultimately unsatisfied with the wood grips for the lack of recoil control that they offered. The ribber grips help absorb the recoil a lot better. The fiber optic front sight also helps for faster sight alignment. The ammo I used was Winchester Super X 45LC Lead Nose Cartridges. At fifteen yards we had a nice 6" grouping. She is carried in a Don Hume Jit Slide Open Top CC Holster. Easily concealed and it's not a gun that weight would be a complaint. Though not the ultralight, the gun is not a burden to carry. I have yet to try the 000 Federal Buckshot, but I believe that I will have great success with those. At $425 + tax you can't lose for an all around self defense and woods walking gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Great All Around Gun..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "A Great All Around Gun..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!