XXL Ear Muffs - Where to Get

PDA

hotajax
February 6, 2011, 05:53 PM
The whole concept of "one size fits all" is total boloney. Anyone know of sources of big muffs for a really fat head? Any specific brands? Industrial suppliers? Thanks. Pretty soon I won't be able to hear the First Mate give her orders.

If you enjoyed reading about "XXL Ear Muffs - Where to Get" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cosmoline
February 6, 2011, 06:39 PM
I have a really big head and the Silencio Magnums fit well enough. A bit tight, but workable. The parts are chrome steel so they won't snap in half like most headsets I wear.

Isaac's Grandpa
February 6, 2011, 07:27 PM
I have a size 8 head and had to go to these from Graingers. They don't rate as high as over the head ones, but I double them up with ear plugs. They also fit under my welding hood.

Z-Michigan
February 6, 2011, 08:33 PM
I have a 7 3/4 hat size, and I've had no problem using various standard "ear muff" hearing protection. My favorite is a pair of Howard Leight plastic ones (NRR 30?) which I got for $10 or so from CDNN. But I have several brands/models that all fit fine.

Have you considered ear plugs instead?

If you enjoyed reading about "XXL Ear Muffs - Where to Get" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!