Hakim

PDA

Milsurplover
February 6, 2011, 06:26 PM
Hey there guys, just came a cross a really interesting rifle..the Hakim semi-automatic rifle chambered in 8mm mauser.. I am really intrigued by the rifle and want to know if you can find any these days as I would love to have one.. If you CAN still get this rifle can I please get info as to where to get one of these? Thanks everyone

If you enjoyed reading about "Hakim" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ian
February 6, 2011, 06:33 PM
There appear to be ten of them available right now on GunBroker.

They are interesting guns - don't put your finger into the action until you have a good understanding of what will make it slam shut. M1 Thumb ain't nuthin compared to Hakim Finger. ;)

Sam Cade
February 6, 2011, 07:41 PM
M1 Thumb ain't nuthin compared to Hakim Finger

This is an extreme understatement.

Black Butte
February 6, 2011, 07:59 PM
The Hakim is a difficult rifle to find in really good condition. They tend to come chewed up. The design is based on the Swedish Ljungman:

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/autoloading-rifles/swed/ag-42-ljungman-e.html

herohog
February 7, 2011, 01:27 PM
VERY fun guns! They EAT brass though! Don't expect to reload for it unless someone knows a fix! Mine would bend the heck out of the brass on ejection no matter how I adjusted the gas port! You can get some big (20 - 30 or so rounds!) magazines for them if ya look hard enough! The blast of gas in the face each shot takes a little getting used to and they are NOT kidding about them eating yer finger!!!

Milsurplover
February 7, 2011, 03:26 PM
How exactly does it "eat" the finger? Is it if your finger is in the action and you hit that device to close the bolt? Another question, though, have any of you heard of the FN49? Can anyone give me any info on the FN? How would you guys think in your opinions an FN49 stacks up to a Hakim?

docnyt
February 7, 2011, 03:39 PM
Oh man. The FN49 deserves an entire thread. Great history, excellent battle rifle. Very similar feel to an M1 Garand. If it hadn't come late to the game in WWII, it would have been THE battle rifle. It still spawned the FAL. Go to falfiles.com for loads of info.

Ian
February 7, 2011, 04:10 PM
I sold mine a while ago, so I don't recall the exact order of operations, but basically the action locks wide open when empty, and you close it by pushing the bolt carrier slightly forward and then back. As soon as you pull the carrier back, the bolt slams shut like a bear trap. You'd never expect it if you weren't familiar with the gun.

So just don't stick a finger in the action until you've gotten the action figured out.

zoom6zoom
February 7, 2011, 04:20 PM
Since nobody's offered up a pic yet:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/zoom6zoom/gun%20stuff/Collection/Hakimright.jpg
Grabbed this one long ago when you could still find one for under $100.

The same action was also modified to create a carbine, the Rashid.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/zoom6zoom/gun%20stuff/Collection/rashid.jpg

jimmyraythomason
February 7, 2011, 05:54 PM
Grabbed this one long ago when you could still find one for under $100.
Yeah,I remember when a Birmingham shop had crates of them for around $75 ea. I passed because they were so ugly!

If you enjoyed reading about "Hakim" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!