Revolvers and scopes? Newbie question

PDA

NoviceClays1989
February 7, 2011, 09:49 PM
I have rossi model 971 .357 revolver. After much research I decided to along with it, as I traded a 9mm sigma for it so in the end I am much happier. This gun performs very well, only been to the range with it once so far. I would be interested in mounting a scope on it. For the most part it is a range gun, but I am doing some research on handgun hunting, and wood consider it for whitetail. Where I live in Michigan, most shots taken on deer are well under 75yds. I am interested in any suggestions as to a scope to mount, or if I should wait to spend the money until I upgrade or add a ruger blackhawk to the collection. I would like to go ahead and thank everyone up front for their responses and input.

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolvers and scopes? Newbie question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GP100man
February 7, 2011, 11:07 PM
I`ve had a Burris 1x4 on a Redhawk for yrs. fixin to move it to a GP

In hunting situations anything over 2x becomes a liability , no matter what ya just can`t hold a 4x as still as 1-2x. The 4x comes in handy when ya got time & lite enuff to prop up though !!!

If I`m not mistaken the L frame mount will work on the Rossis ???? Yeah if I was gonna have a dedicated revolver to deer hunt with I`d go ahead & D&T the mount .

& keep as much of the mount & scope over your hand as possible to keep it as close to balanced as it is now !

I`m even thinkin of a 1x Reddot ???

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolvers and scopes? Newbie question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!