Any options for a Yugo Tokarev?

PDA

Saturnine
February 10, 2011, 08:15 PM
Is there anything out there besides the bulky leather holster that comes with the gun?

I don't have any particular style in mind, I'm mostly just curious to see if there's anything available that's a little nicer than the issued holster. I'd mostly use it at the range or around the house, and maybe occasionally for concealed carry once I get my permit.

So far I haven't found much with Google; is having one custom made my only option? Is this gun similar enough to another pistol that another holster might work?

If you enjoyed reading about "Any options for a Yugo Tokarev?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
xr1200
February 10, 2011, 08:28 PM
For a holster any 1911 holster should work for it.
Most ppl will tell you that you can't safely carry a tokarev for ccw with a live round in the chamber. PPl have posted that the thumb safety often disengages on its own or that the hammer will drop firing a round while racking the slide occassionally.

Get a CZ82 if you want a cheap reliable CCW piece.

Shadow 7D
February 11, 2011, 04:29 AM
Toks fit 1911 holsters, or more accurately early Browning style holsters...

Saturnine
February 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks.

I've heard that about carrying a tok, but I've heard the yugos were sometimes better. I'll do a lot more research once I need to decide on a carry gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any options for a Yugo Tokarev?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!