Would you pay this price?

PDA

heavyshooter
February 11, 2011, 03:45 AM
I recently found gobs of older Smiths at a local gun store in Little Rock, AR. They are Model 10's and 15's. They range from $199-$249. The guy behind the counter says they have been carried A LOT and shot little. (The best one has about 65% of its bluing). I am looking for a reliable .38 that can serve drawer duty. Something I can throw into a drawer and visit once a year to shoot and replace the ammo. But it has to shoot reliably.

Here's the twist, I am a resident of CO so if I purchase the Model 15 for $219.00 I would have to pay a transfer fee of $50.00 to send it my FFL dealer in Denver. That would bring my pretax total to $269.00

Is it worth it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you pay this price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
critter
February 11, 2011, 06:57 AM
Still not a bad price IMHO if the gun is good mechanically.

woad_yurt
February 11, 2011, 01:58 PM
Go with the $199 jobs if you don't care about looks. Then, haggle a bit.

PS $50 transfer fee? Wow. I guess I'm lucky. Anyway, why not max out the fee? Get two of the $199 variety and sell one to a CO resident later for $250. Just an idea....

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you pay this price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!