Lee Liquid Alox Question

PDA

dhfenno
February 11, 2011, 07:48 PM
It's 33 degrees outside now going down to the mid 20s tonight.
I want to treat a bunch of bullets with Lee Liquid Alox tonight but my wife doesn't like when I make the house stink.
I'm thinking about letting the bullets dry outside and wondering if the temperature will have any adverse effect on the treated bullets.

Thanks Much

-David

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Liquid Alox Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rfwobbly
February 11, 2011, 09:41 PM
I want to treat a bunch of bullets with Lee Liquid Alox tonight but my wife doesn't like when I make the house stink.

You're pulling our leg, right? You actually allow the wife in the house ? :evil:

Try one a see. That's the only thing I could suggest.

noylj
February 11, 2011, 09:59 PM
They will not dry very well, but it isn't going to hurt them.

dhfenno
February 11, 2011, 09:59 PM
Brother that's "the minister of war and finance" .
I'd rather try to shave a pole cats ass with a rusty razor in a phone booth than cross that one.

dhfenno
February 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
Thank you.

armoredman
February 11, 2011, 10:12 PM
Shouldn't affect anything at all, I dry mine in the garage overnight all the time.

Jesse Heywood
February 11, 2011, 10:39 PM
Next time buy Rooster Jacket. It doesn't stink like alox, and does just as good of a job.

dhfenno
February 11, 2011, 10:48 PM
Rooster Jacket...Got it...Next time.

GooseGestapo
February 11, 2011, 10:50 PM
Place them in a cardboard box. Place the cardboard box in a trash can or similar container. Place a small desk lamp with a ~60-75watt light bulb and cover the can with lid or a towel, ect. In the morning they will be nice and dry (or as dry as the lube will get). Just don't put the bulb too close the the bullets. Don't let any of your reloading buddies know, as the bullets will be gone in the morning. Kinda like letting the milk sit on the porch after day-light. The neighbors can get "nosey".

Fortunately, my neighbors are far away enough that they can't see what I do on the back porch. (I have a sign that say's "If you can read this, you're in range!". One neighbor once asked what that meant. I told him it meant he was tresspassing and could have a hunting accident. He said "OH?"........ OK! haven't seen or talked to him in five years.......

I routinely "dry" my tumble-lubed bullets in a small toaster oven on low (175degF) if I need to load them ASAP. About 2-4hrs will dry them thoroughly.

I also find that if I cut the lube with 1:4 (mineral spirits to lube) that it will dry somewhat faster and will leave a thinner coating that is more accurate on low velocity bullets such as a .38spl wadcutter or semi-wadcutter intended for 900fps or less.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Liquid Alox Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!