The Gov't, Licences and Fingerprints.

PDA

Jspotto
February 12, 2011, 11:25 AM
Your thoughts please. When I joined the Military service they took my picture and fingerprints. Twice more over the years for two different levels of Security Clearances. When I got my Drivers Licence, they took my picture. When I got my passport they took my picture. Detained by the police, picture and prints. Carry Licence, prints. I renewed my drivers lic. in 2005. I was eligible to do it by mail being a Vet and had a special offer. My lic. expires in 2023(this is correct) and has a picture dating back to 2001. My CCW has my print on it. I guess if I ever get pulled over, LEO can run my print on the spot because I no longer look like the picture:uhoh: I now have my FFL App. and they want more prints. These I have to pay for.:( You think somebody in the Gov't would know who I am by now:scrutiny: Will they want my prints when I pass on to be sure it's me:D I have a right to buy and own a gun just as the right to buy a lawnmower. I should have the same rights to sell any of my personel property. The Gov't gets involved because they need funds and they find ways to do it without calling it a TAX:fire: When I get to the Pearly Gates, I'll have my CCW with my print on it just incase St. Pete asks:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "The Gov't, Licences and Fingerprints." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Owen Sparks
February 12, 2011, 02:39 PM
How can a CCW license "expire"?

Jspotto
February 12, 2011, 02:44 PM
A drivers Lic. has to be renewed, just as my CCW has to be renewed every so often.

Sam1911
February 12, 2011, 02:47 PM
How can a CCW license "expire"? Most states' carry permits or licenses have a renewal date attached. Only one or maybe two states have "lifetime" permits. Of course, three states require no permit or license at all.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Gov't, Licences and Fingerprints." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!