Taurus Raging Bull: Recommend Me Some Sights

PDA

ExTank
February 12, 2011, 01:47 PM
I recently picked up a used Raging Bull in .44 at a gun show. The owner cut me a "recoil" deal on it, as he fired it once, and then put it down. Personally, I don't know what he was expecting; it is a .44, after all.

But anyway: having fired it at the range, I have no problems with the gun itself (recoil, ballistics, etc) other than the sights, which are kinda vanilla. No coloration on the front post, or white "notch" on the back adjustable.

Can anyone recommend a decent atermarket sight? I've tried some internet searches, but without much success.

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Raging Bull: Recommend Me Some Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
weregunner
February 13, 2011, 02:38 AM
Might want to take that query over to
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?board=4.0

Do a search or ask the folks about it. There are more Raging Bull owners there than just about anywhere else. Use it as a source.

ExTank
February 13, 2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks, will do.

Mr.454
February 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
Two coats of Testors white model paint on the front sight followed by two coats of red. I to looked around for sights for a bit, and found some threads suggesting model paint, hey $10 and it works.

ExTank
February 14, 2011, 12:57 PM
I have considered that option, but it's down around "Plan D" or so.

I checked around the Taurus board as weregunner suggested, and found a couple of options. Apparently, the Taurus "Multi" series model is a baby Bull (readily apparent from the pictures), and has better stock sights.

I'll look into that avenue at gun stores/shows and see if I like 'em.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus Raging Bull: Recommend Me Some Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!