Did Pres. Obama's Administration tamper with primers?

PDA

warehouseman18
February 12, 2011, 02:35 PM
I heard from a friend that all ammunition manufactured after October 2010 would have a one year shelf life. He said President Obama and his administration passed some law forcing ammunition lawmakers to alter their primers to give ammo a shelf life. I was just wondering if this was true.I did notice a little blue ring around the primers on Remington ammo shortly after the above date. It looks like a Boxer Primer but that seems weird and unusual on store bought ammunition. So if anyone knows anything about this please tell me. If its true I recon I am going to be buying a food saver.

If you enjoyed reading about "Did Pres. Obama's Administration tamper with primers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
toivo
February 12, 2011, 02:39 PM
It sounds fishy to me. For starters, I would have expected to read something about it in the various NRA publications. I would be very surprised if this were true.

Sam1911
February 12, 2011, 02:50 PM
Utter and complete myth.

If you enjoyed reading about "Did Pres. Obama's Administration tamper with primers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!