Your pocket knife?

PDA

griz
December 26, 2002, 09:15 PM
This is probably the only time I will be able to post this without someone (rightly) telling me to use the search function to find the answer.;)

So, what knife (knives for ROTL:D) is on you right now? I don’t envision myself using a knife as a fighting tool so mine is one of the little Kershaw Ken Onion folders. I think it’s the Scallion, it’s the next size up from the smallest.

What’s yours?

If you enjoyed reading about "Your pocket knife?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Penman
December 26, 2002, 09:29 PM
Usually carry a Victorinox Swiss Army Officer's Model, and an Al Mar Eagle Ultralight. The handiest items on the Swiss Army are the tweezers and toothpick, the can opener and screw drivers get occasional use. The Al Mar comes in handy when I need to take apart boxes, and the 4" blade length was handy at a recent pot luck when we needed to take apart a spiral sliced ham.

Dave Markowitz
December 26, 2002, 09:40 PM
I put a plain edge Spyderco Delica plain edge in my pocket as a part of getting dressed. I add a Victorinox Cyber Tool 41 when I go to work (I am a field systems engineer for an ISP).

Tamara
December 26, 2002, 09:43 PM
Left pocket: Chris Reeves "P-stamp" Sebenza
Right Pocket: Emerson Commander & Leatherman Juice kf4

Ask me again tomorrow... :)

bad_dad_brad
December 26, 2002, 09:54 PM
Teeny Buck Light locking blade. One of the smallest locking blades there are. Very non-threatening looking but can be pretty effective.

When I want to go "big" I carry the smaller of the two Timberline Kelly Worden Tacticals. Great knife. Got pinched with that bad boy trying to get into an NFL game this year. Oh well.

Wil Terry
December 26, 2002, 09:55 PM
on belt behind right hip: Boker 4" button knife in horizontal sheath.

Prodigalshooter
December 26, 2002, 11:37 PM
I fall into the same camp as Tamara, depends on which day you ask me. I've managed to thin out the assortment a bit in the last year though. My most carried are my Sebenza and my SAK Executive; in my pocket right now is my Spyderco Lum (fixed blade) in a Buy Brown kydex sheath. I'd post a pic, but the attachment feature still isn't operative:(

bandaidman
December 26, 2002, 11:49 PM
tom mayo handmade "TNT" folder (left handed of course)

buck knives will soon produce a factory version

trapshooter
December 27, 2002, 12:40 AM
Victorinox Swiss Army executive.
Kershaw 3 3/8" speedsafe.

If I'm headed for the poop, I'd take a Gerber 5" boot, too, but that's unlikely, these days. (And it would only backup the rifle and handguns).:eek:

Don Gwinn
December 27, 2002, 12:49 AM
Usually my old Benchmade Ascent 830. It may be the worst knife Benchmade makes, but I can use it for anything and if I lose it there's no reason to shed tears.

Was in the Chicago suburbs with my in-laws this week, so I had my Tim Britton Anaconda. In-laws don't allow firearms. I also carry a Folts Mantis quite a bit. Both are really overkill for someone like me, but I'm a knife snob and I like fixed blades.

Carried a big two-blade Case Trapper Christmas morning to deal with presents. :D

techmike
December 27, 2002, 12:56 AM
Just home from work I have on me a Leatherman Wave and a Microtech LCC D/A.

It's hard to balance a Knife habit with a Gun habit. I gotta make more $$$$$$

VHinch
December 27, 2002, 01:12 AM
Right now I'm carrying a CRKT K.I.S.S., but I also change knives about like I change socks.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
December 27, 2002, 02:19 AM
My daily carry is a Benchmade 9050s. Mine has seen some use over the last several years. It's a tool, not a sock-drawer refugee.
Mine also has *NO* markings on it.
VHinch, I'm from Lambda Iota, 1978. I know what this is.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Jim March
December 27, 2002, 02:51 AM
Ol' #1:

http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/sifu-vert.jpg

REKAT Sifu, 5.45" blade, serial number one of the first 70 handground. I was the one that convinced REKAT to make this critter. Sadly out of production with the demise of REKAT (sigh). Anyways. One baaaad motorscooter. More on this piece here:

http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html#K8

Technically not a "pocketknife" because the first six had no pocket clips. I use an IWB sheath of my own design and construction:

http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/both.jpg

(Shown next to a proto 38snubbie setup, which isn't daily carry until after I score CCW :D.)

modifiedbrowning
December 27, 2002, 02:53 AM
Spyderco Delica stainless serrated edge. Just got it for Christmas.

pax
December 27, 2002, 03:10 AM
Benchmade Griptilian.

Cute little thing. My mom over reacted to it, awhile back, when I pulled it out of my pocket to cut a string for one of the kids.

"You've got a knife in your pocket???"

"Um, yeah, mom, it's a pocket knife." :rolleyes:

"It's a really big!!! pocket knife!!! Is that legal?"

"Um, yeah, mom, it is. Pocket knives are legal."

"But that BIG??? Are you sure???"

"Um, yeah, mom, I'm sure."

"I'm worried about you, Kathy. First you start taking all those gun classes, and now you're carrying a knife!!. Are you sure you're not going a little overboard?"

Poor mom. I think she wishes I were more of a girl.

pax

Awwww, that ain't a knife. This is a knife. -- Crocodile Dundee

H&K Fan
December 27, 2002, 03:18 AM
Anything from a Randall model 15 down to a Puma lock back Emperor pocket knife. Numerous Benchmades and MicroTechs. Leatherman Micra most of the time.

sam3
December 27, 2002, 04:32 AM
benchmade accent

ruger357
December 27, 2002, 06:47 AM
CRKT

December 27, 2002, 07:57 AM
Spyderco Endura. Of course I own a number of pocket knives but this is one of my faviorites. I would be lost without it. It boggles my mind that some people don't carry a pocket knife.

Jorah
December 27, 2002, 08:05 AM
I've got a plain-edge Endura on me when I'm "dressed up," and add an old Leatherman and an old Gerber folder when I'm in jeans.

I have one of those nifty Leatherman Micras on my keychain; mostly have used the scissors on it.

I love fixed-blades, but they aren't really very handy.

-J.

NINEX19
December 27, 2002, 08:26 AM
I am not sure if this really counts, but I usually carry just a Leatherman Wave on my belt (right in front of my extra carry mag). That has a knife in it. I use to carry a SAK or a couple of cheaper stainless steel lockbacks by United.

AK103K
December 27, 2002, 08:40 AM
Wegner Spyderco and a German Fallshirmjager

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=AK103K&album_id=110654&image_id=34&courtesy=1

Bainx
December 27, 2002, 09:15 AM
Benchmade or Spyderco usually.

Invisible Swordsman
December 27, 2002, 09:17 AM
Spyderco Calypso Jr. in left front pocket. Victorinox SAK Tinker in right hip pocket.

Mark

Chris Rhines
December 27, 2002, 09:31 AM
Either my old, well-worn Spyderco Military (the old ATS-34 one) or my CRKT M16Z in my right front pocket. New CRKT Ryan Plan B around my neck. Leatherman Wave behind my left hip, aft of my spare magazine. Leatherman Micra on my key ring.

- Chris

redbone
December 27, 2002, 09:38 AM
left front pocket: Victorinox Cadet - the one with aluminum handles instead of red plastic, and that is quite a bit thinner than the usual full-sized red handled models (except the one with very small blades). Been carrying it for the last 14 years, and have two more in the drawer if I need a replacement someday.

waistband, 2:00 oclock: Kershaw Ken Onion Blackout

Spoonman
December 27, 2002, 10:02 AM
Spyderco Ladybug. Hey, c'mon, don't laugh. I'm not Crocodile Dundee here! Besides, the S & W Airweight in my pocket cuts from farther away if self-defense becomes an issue! My pocketknife mostly does duty as a string-cutter and apple-peeler.

Wakal
December 27, 2002, 10:18 AM
Benchmade AXIS AFCK and a Leatherman SuperDooperTool in uniform, Spyderco Calypso in soft clothes.

I find it easier to choke up on a big folder than to try and stretch a little folder...

Alex

Glock_17
December 27, 2002, 12:10 PM
Spyderco Delica (plain edge) - left pocket

Kentucky Rifle
December 27, 2002, 12:21 PM
..as it all seemed so natural. Maybe I HAVE gone overboard a little. But, what the heck? I'm 52 years old and retired. I like to go "equipped". :)
Left pocket~ Chris Reeve "Sebenza".
Right pocket~ Spyderco "Toad"
Watch pocket~ Victorinox "Executive"
Deep inside right pocket~ the new Leatherman "Micra" my wife gave me for Christmas.
All this, PLUS a G27 on my hip and a Seecamp in a RJ Hedley "Back Pocket"
model.:p ta DAAA! Mags? Did I mention extra mags? :)

KR

ruger357
December 27, 2002, 12:27 PM
Hey Kentuky, I hope you have a strong belt.

Kentucky Rifle
December 27, 2002, 12:54 PM
Rafter 3/8 inch thick shark skin gunbelt. (One brown and one black.) However, you definitely ARE right. A good gunbelt is essential!

KR

krept
December 27, 2002, 01:00 PM
Well used microtech amphibian auto. Spyderco Endura if I'm in a place that frowns on autos.

cordex
December 27, 2002, 01:02 PM
Gerber AR 3.0
Cold Steel Gunsite
some little junk knife I can beat up without worrying.

HS/LD
December 27, 2002, 01:47 PM
A Victornox in the front pocket.

A Cold Steel Recon1 folder clipped to the same pocket.

HS/LD

Jim V
December 27, 2002, 03:49 PM
Right front pocket. SAK - Tinker. Clipped to the pocket: Gerber Air Ranger. Left rear pocket: Blackjack folder.

gbelleh
December 27, 2002, 04:06 PM
Usually I carry a CRKT K.I.S.S., but at work I carry a small Gerber folder.

Navy joe
December 27, 2002, 06:42 PM
Right now, Buck Strider folder left pocket, Victorinox SAK lockblade model right 5th pocket. I promise I'd do better but the G34 and spare mags are taking up a lot of real estate.

El Tejon
December 27, 2002, 08:08 PM
Spyderco Endura II stainless, Spydercard in wallet.

rage
December 27, 2002, 08:52 PM
Right now...spyderco chinook in pocket. If I put my coat on to go out, there's a SOG X-42 folder in one pocket and Benchmade AFCK? in the other.

Gordon
December 27, 2002, 09:27 PM
Kershaw "blackout whirlwind" its not a switch blade, no its not a switch blade, no its not a switch blade. Its just the right size that you dont feel its there.

CleverNickname
December 27, 2002, 09:38 PM
Kershaw Ken Onion Boa right front pocket, Spyderco Spydercard in my wallet.

Gray_Fallen
December 27, 2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Jim March

http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/both.jpg

Is that white material Kydex/concealex? Where did you get it? I can think of several applications I'd like to have some white kydex for and I think my customers might appreciate it too. Thanks.

On me right now is my EDC, Emerson Commander in my right front pocket, as well as a Spyderco Delica in my left rear pocket, a CRKT Ryan Plan B in my right boot top, and a Pack River Knives (Steve Mullin) 6" blade fighter riding (exposed) on my right hip. Just got back from town, so will probably be shedding some this stuff soon... just not the Commander, it only comes off when I sleep.

agony
December 27, 2002, 10:18 PM
Spyderco Delica dual edge in weak pocket.
Or an old Gerber EZ-Out. Hey, it works!

PATH
December 28, 2002, 12:42 AM
Victorinox SAK.

sm
December 28, 2002, 12:55 AM
SAK , small one
Just added a Kershaw Ken Onion 1660 Leek

*8*
December 28, 2002, 01:02 AM
Strider 4 in. blade in BG42.

voilsb
December 28, 2002, 01:15 AM
crkt m16-13 zytel. I don't like the zytel as much as the non, but they goofed when I sent in my non-zytel model for warranty work (the lock stopped working ... I found this out when it slipped shut and I cut my thumb). I love the knife still, though, so I never sent it back saying "you screwed up." I'll just buy another some day, since I love the knives.

Felonious Monk
December 28, 2002, 01:33 AM
Little bitty Victorinox Swiss Army usually gets pulled out first for routine duty.

Most days, I have a Spyderco Rescue with a modified tip in my other pocket.

IF, as is the case right now, I'm in Hotlanta or some other locale with a higher potential for a social situation, I have my CRKT Kasper-Crawford. It's a HOSS, and very reassuring if for some reason I can't also carry a gun.

Jim March
December 28, 2002, 01:42 AM
Gray_Fallen: that white kydex is .060" grade - I got a 4'x8' sheet of it from a local building supply place.

Interstate Plastics, Inc.
2065 Williams Street
San Leandro CA 94577
Phone: 510 483-4341
Fax: 510 483-4350

It's Kydex "T" grade,

prices for a 4x8 sheet as of a few months ago:

$88.96 for .093
$63.04 for .060

----------------------------------

The two belt connectors on swivels are .090 grade. I found that the .060 would break eventually. By doing .060 for the main body I get something thin, and by connecting the belt connectors on swivels the whole thing "flexes" a bit in a way kydex usually doesn't. This is a VERY slick setup.

45-auto
December 28, 2002, 01:45 AM
Nicely balanced Gerber Bolt Action 4" drop point on the belt. . .itsy bitsy Swiss Army on the keychain. . .sometimes a really nasty double edged boot knife in the right Tony Lama. . .a 1911 or an SP 101 out of sight somewhere or another. . .

Seeker
December 28, 2002, 04:11 AM
Always have a Gerber LST w/ 2.5" blade on my person.

Drjones
December 28, 2002, 05:10 AM
I like to carry my MT UT, but lately with how bad the weather has been, I'll strap on my Strider BT with an Inova X5 in the pouch. :cool:

Moondancer
December 28, 2002, 07:55 AM
Right now, it's a Kershaw Black Chive, probably the neatest "little" knife I own.

But like Tamara, it depends on the day. I have about a dozen decent folding pocket knives I rotate through on a regular basis. Every one of them is a lock blade as I refuse to carry and use a folder that won't lock. Most of them are Spydercos, with a Cold Steel, the Kershaw, and a couple CRKTs thrown in for good measure.

For times when I can't carry the Kimber 'cause I'm going into a restaurant that serves liquor (Michigan still hasn't seen fit to emulate their southern neighbor Indiana in this regard :D ) I have a few "bigger" knifes to work with. For folders, again it's Spyderco (Delica, Endura) with a couple of smallish fixed blades, both S&W and Buck.

JPM70535
December 28, 2002, 08:10 AM
I'm outclassed I guess, all I carry is a Paragon automatic with about a 2-3 inch blade. Really don't feel the need for a fighting knife as long as I have CCW and a 45.

Sodbuster
December 28, 2002, 10:47 AM
I always carry a Buck Lightning for life's daily, mundane chores. For social ocassions, Bob Dozier's Arkansas Toothpick tags along. Because I can, a Microtech LCC/DA finds its way into my pocket now and then (don't like to use the belt pouch). In the pickup is one of Uncle Bill's 20" Sirupatis.

Kentucky Rifle
December 28, 2002, 12:51 PM
It's one of those neat little knives that I just had to "collect". :)
The Metro is oval shaped and has a bottle cap lifter in the center of the oval. It also features a tiny, but sturdy little blade that just can't be over 3/4 of an inch long.

KR

s&w 24
December 28, 2002, 01:18 PM
colorado knife&tool apache I purchased it when they first came out and it's worked great.

dairycreek
December 28, 2002, 03:25 PM
Spyderco Police:D

deputy tom
December 28, 2002, 06:29 PM
Right now I'm wearing "lounge pants" which are just pj bottoms in My opinion.Dressed as such I have in My left front pocket a Victorinox Officer Suisse.Handy little light weight pocket knife.My daily carry is a Spyderco Endura full Spyderedge.I've got lots more but these are My favorites.tom.

Marko Kloos
December 28, 2002, 06:58 PM
My "always" knife is a Chris Reeve Sebenza.

Marcus
December 28, 2002, 08:48 PM
Spydie Calypso Jr. Lightweight clipped in the RF pocket ALWAYS (okay sometimes it`s IWB for dressy occasions). Leatherman Micra on my keychain and a custom creditcard knife in my wallet. Also a Gerber multitool sometimes when I`m working or outdoors for awhile. When I can`t have a carry gun or if I just feel like it I add a CS Lg. Vaquero. From time to time I`ll add another knife or two to the mix just for kicks. :) Marcus

commygun
December 28, 2002, 09:44 PM
Spyderco Endura. I must use this thing thirty times a day in my
work and at home. It's amazing how fast and reflexive opening
it becomes with repetition. I also cannot understand how anyone
gets by without a pocketknife at hand.

CAP
December 28, 2002, 10:06 PM
Been carrying one of several Spyderco Delica combos in the left front for several years now. Just added a Benchmade axis folder in the right front my wife gave me for xmas and the Leatherman Wave my in-laws gave a few years ago much of the time on the belt.

Oh yea, and a gun. :D

gorf
December 28, 2002, 11:23 PM
My daily pocket knife is a Kershaw Scallion. It's small, but works. I gave one to my wife for Christmas except her blade was treated with a black coating.

I was carrying a Kershaw Avalanche, but wanted to cut down on the size for normal carry.

Kcustom45
December 28, 2002, 11:47 PM
I always have my 4" Cold Steel voyager with me. Sometime I also carry a Gerber multi-tool.

nualle
December 29, 2002, 12:13 AM
CRKT Kasper. Was thin enough to carry in my pocket when I worked in corporateland. Just plain comfy.

vertigo7
December 29, 2002, 12:25 AM
Got a generic 2" folder on my keychain for general tasks. A Spyderco Endura II rides in my weak-side front pocket for social encounters.

Okiecruffler
December 29, 2002, 06:00 AM
99% of the time my CRKT M16 is in pocket, usually the right hip pocket. Sometimes I take my CRKT Mirage. Soon I'll replace the M16 with the new M18. And if I ever win the lottery I'll replace it with a real Kit Carson.

Griff
December 29, 2002, 12:47 PM
Another vote for SAK Tinker (on a small 'biner with a spy capsule, clipped onto belt loop stuffed into watch pocket in my jeans, never loose it or see it)
CRKT Tighe Tac for one handed stuff.

Brian Williams
December 29, 2002, 01:50 PM
Victorinox SAK Officer Swisse Left front My Dad got 4 me in Switzerland
Schrade Old-timer Trapper lock blade Right Front
S&W HRT clip right rear
occasionally a leatherman w/ maglight left side belt
Swedish wood carving knife nice 3 way laminated blade on para cord around neck while in boonies

MikeK
December 29, 2002, 04:45 PM
Benchmade 705.

Gila Jorge
December 29, 2002, 05:02 PM
Victorinox handyman and Benchmade mid size with half serrated blade on clip in back left pocket.
Covers all my requirements, including lunches at church or cutting cake at parties.

Smoke
December 29, 2002, 05:11 PM
Normal day....

small Uncle Henry lock back, dull, for cleaning finger nails, turning screws, general abuse. And playing with when I'm bored, bad nervous habit. Right front pocket.

Back right pocket. S&W SWAT 4.5"

The only other changes to this are if I perceive the need to actually cut something, other than flesh, I carry a Case 2 blade folder. If I'm going to dress a little nicer, I swap the 4.5" S&W for a 3.75" one.

Tamara
December 29, 2002, 05:58 PM
Left pocket: Sebenza
Right pocket: Microtech LCC/DA and Leatherman Juice kf4.

Ask me again tomorrow... :D

Unisaw
December 29, 2002, 06:17 PM
CRKT Mirage or KISS, both with partially serated blade

Kevlarman
December 29, 2002, 06:21 PM
Benchmade 840SBT. That is, partially serrated with the Black-T coating. Back when I bought it, it was known as the "Eclipse." The name has since been changed to "Ascent."

I want to get one of the AFCK in D2 steel, with the Axis lock. Love the round hole!

Bog
December 29, 2002, 09:29 PM
CRKT Navajo.

You might find me without it in the shower.

griz
December 29, 2002, 10:22 PM
Wow, I thought there would be less people who in addition to the "real" knife, carried a beater too.

I used to do that to give to coworkers when they asked to borrow my knife. They seemed to turn to me since they knew I always had one. It irked me to put a fine edge on a knife and see then use it to cut wire or scrape paint and rust off of a steel beam.:eek:

Soap
December 29, 2002, 11:08 PM
I normally carry a CRKT Carson M16-14, Leatherman Wave, CRKT Polkowski Kasper IWB, or a Watson drop point. I also have a Gerber Mark II and Leatherman PST in my "bling-bling" machine.

Graystar
December 29, 2002, 11:10 PM
I carry a Benchmade Axis 710BTS. Best knife I've ever used.

Daryl
December 29, 2002, 11:23 PM
As my work knife I always carry my Case Yellow boy pocket knife. In fact a few calves got to feel the sharp edge Monday. I also carry a Benchmade 3550 for other than work.

Guyon
December 30, 2002, 12:08 AM
BM 705

PUMC_TomG
December 30, 2002, 02:18 AM
Right Front Pocket - Emerson Commander
Right Rear Pocket - Benchmade Mini-AFCK Tanto
Left Front Pocket - Bear Damascus Butterfly
Left Back Pocket - Benchmade Leopard
Assorted positions - Spyderco Spyderench

I ALWAYS carry the Commander, assorted other pockets filled on whim... but I usually carry two.

honocor
December 30, 2002, 10:44 AM
I also carry a ken orion kershaw, with assisted opening. Just in case I need it in a hurry, and I also don't have to worry about it locking, the spring throws it open each and every time.

bredda
December 30, 2002, 11:06 AM
Boker G10 Liner Lock

Gary H
December 30, 2002, 11:48 AM
Rekat Sifu Black D2 blade and without da finger grooves. dats it..

Thanks Jim ..

http://home.mindspring.com/~mamiya/_uimages/SifuFriends.jpg

Betty
December 30, 2002, 12:52 PM
right pocket: Microtech manual "it's-crippled"-says-Tamara Lightfoot LCC
waistband: MOD Ladyhawk

LeadPumper
December 30, 2002, 01:09 PM
As I type: Cold Steel Medium Voyager tanto 50/50 serrated in front pocket; Super LeatherMan on belt pouch.

I'll pick up something else from the car if I have to be in the field this afternoon.

-LeadPumper

OF
December 30, 2002, 01:54 PM
Spyderco Calypso Jr. micarta serrated: right front pocket (this is a fantastic little knife - highly recommended...although I'm looking for a plain-edge one)

Occasionally a BM 710s...but not so much anymore.

- Gabe

Zak Smith
December 30, 2002, 03:28 PM
The Benchmade 940 is my EDC knife.

http://www.benchmade.com/images/products/beauty_shot/940.jpg

I have one of the first ones made, with the non-serrated reverse tanto blade.

-z

PaP
December 30, 2002, 05:21 PM
Right now I'm alternating between my Microtech MUDT in my right front pocket or my new Strider SnG in my right rear pocket.

triggertime
December 30, 2002, 06:39 PM
Left rear: Lefty Benchmade AFCK
Right rear: Camillus EDC

Miss Demeanors
December 30, 2002, 11:49 PM
Now that's a bouquet Gary! ;)

I carry a CRKT M16-14M , Kershaw Ken Onion, and Spyderco ladybug. They are my family :)

RON in PA
December 31, 2002, 12:58 AM
Spyderco Viele or Spyderco Jess Horn

SteelyDan
December 31, 2002, 01:15 AM
I just have a nail clipper. It's all I need to do the job.;)

45R
December 31, 2002, 02:05 AM
My EDC would be a Benchmade Pinnacle.

STW
January 1, 2003, 12:02 AM
I always carry a Swiss army knife (don't know the model but it features the boy scout emblem and a phillips screwdriver instead of a corkscrew.) Also carry a leatherman squirt on my keychain.
Been carrying a knife since I was 7 years old and can't understand how people manage without one.

Baba Louie
January 1, 2003, 12:35 PM
Pocketknives....

Left front pocket... Spyderco Cricket acting as moneyclip.

Right front pocket, Kershaw Whirlwind clipped, My old Boy Scout Camillus down with the pocket lint.

Sports Coat left front breast pocket holds a Bud Nealy Aikuchi in his MCS sheath system.

Keychain has a Wenger SAK Soldier "100 Jahre" and I just refound my Randall triathlete in my old leather coat right hand pocket (left there last winter... I wondered where it went), but I usually wear it on left 8 oclock waistband opposite the G-26 at 4:00 (but that's not a knife, since my Daddy always told me never bring a knife to a ... you know)

So, five or six pieces of sharpened steel placed at various points on the body and I'm ready to rust... I mean rock, or open the ubiquitous envelope at work.

Adios

NJ3
January 1, 2003, 03:47 PM
Most days I carry a Benchmade AFCK, an older locking liner model. If I need something smaller I carry a Benchmade Mini-AFCK.

Knives
January 2, 2003, 05:31 PM
I keep a Spyderco Endura with a plain edge in my left pocket for general use and one with a serrated edge in my right pocket for anything else.

Kahr carrier
January 2, 2003, 10:19 PM
BUCK-STRIDER>:cool:

mons meg
January 3, 2003, 02:37 PM
Al Mar Eagle Ultralight with 4" drop point blade. AUS-8 steel, really tight fit and one hand unlocking. So light you almost forget it's there.

JeepDriver
January 3, 2003, 06:46 PM
Kershaw "Whirlwind"

or

CRKT M16-12Z

a9mmfan
January 4, 2003, 12:06 AM
Usually a Puma lockblade with a 3 inch blade, sometimes a similar Kershaw folding lockblade. If I am in the house, I usually have some type of fixed blade within reach. I've just recently noticed that where ever I tend to sit around the house you will find several knives laying around.

glockten
January 4, 2003, 01:54 AM
Benchmade Eclipse.

scottgun
January 4, 2003, 02:09 AM
Buck Odyssey, non-serrated, on me 99% of the time.

ed dixon
January 4, 2003, 02:47 AM
Case Sodbuster. Tremendous value for a double sawbuck.

Brass
January 6, 2003, 04:50 PM
Benchmade 975SBT, AFCK or Spyderco Military, Spyderco Endura while i am on duty. I think the Spyderco Military is the best of the bunch.
-Brass

hso
January 6, 2003, 05:44 PM
My every day carry knife is a small sebenza in the inner strong side pocket (dockers mobile pants make for great carry options).

Other knives get added (custom damascus "Black Prince" from Kim Breed, tiger coral custom William Henry "Lancet", Microtech original SOCOM DA, Vallotton thumbhole proto, Chameleon custom, or customized SERE 2K, Russel Sting, etc.) but the Sebenza stays on me almost all the time.

Tamara
January 6, 2003, 11:14 PM
Other knives get added (custom damascus "Black Prince" from Kim Breed, tiger coral custom William Henry "Lancet", Microtech original SOCOM DA, Vallotton thumbhole proto, Chameleon custom, or customized SERE 2K, Russel Sting, etc.)

You knife snob. ;)

hso
January 7, 2003, 08:48 AM
Tamara ("I never thought I'd pay this much for a knife") - Resistance if futile. You will be assimilated.

The collecting advantage to knives is that you can meet the person, or persons, that transformed your knife from a flat chunk of steel and a lump of wood to functioning work of art that was made to fit your imagination as well as your hand.

Mr Jody Hudson
January 7, 2003, 08:57 AM
You folks ARE a hoot! :D I thought I was over-packing! ;)

Cold Steel Voyager with working edge

Victorinox Cyber Champ; with most blades customized and custom sharpened.

K55 Cat Knife with very fine edge for eating only

Leatherman Wave

HeadCleaver
January 8, 2003, 10:03 AM
My EDC for the last 6 years has been a BM/Emerson CQC7. Just recently I recieved a free CRKT M16-14LE. The large folder with a 4 inch blade is comfortable in my large hands. On Sundays at church, in formal wear, or just for the hell of it I carry a BM/Elishewitz 690 with the black boron carbide blade.

Kamicosmos
January 8, 2003, 10:26 AM
A Leatherman Pulse always.
I just picked up a Cold Steel Ti-Lite last summer for defensive purposes.
And it'll look cool with my guns in future photos!

Kamicosmos

45R
January 8, 2003, 08:55 PM
I usually carry my Titanium Benchmade 750. Here were some of my EDCs :)

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1028250

H&K Fan
January 11, 2003, 10:22 PM
Varies. Anything from a Case to a Puma to a AG Russell Sting to a Benchmade 970 to one of several Microtechs, Socom Elite L-UDT Socom MA, Amphibian auto and so forth. Did I mention I like MTs?

Bob
January 13, 2003, 02:11 AM
Wow, I must be one of the few traditionalists. My EDC is a Buck 110, Buck 301 Stockman, and a Leatherman Super Tool. I've carried Spyderco's in the past and liked them, just like what I carry now more.
Bob

cratz2
January 13, 2003, 11:50 PM
I carry two. I usually have one of two different CRKTs in my pocket at the ready and I have the little mini KISS PECK as a money clip... Works best for folks like me that don't have much money to clip. :D

norielX
January 15, 2003, 10:43 PM
5" Ruger Vaquero and a CRKT Crawford/Kasper folder.
Sometimes I go with the Vaquero and a S&W HRT boot knife (shaped like Perrin's Jaws knives).

The vaquero flows really well and the C/K is used for utility purposes like the tactical opening of boxes and letters to the tactical sharpening of chalk pencils so I can keep score for darts!

I'm looking for a good 5 1/2" fixed blade, though. The folder's a little slow when you have to take it out of your pocket and flick it open. There's no telling what may happen in a high stress self-defense situation.

I've got my eye on a Szabo UUK or Ultimate Jaws.

Blackjack_21
January 17, 2003, 12:32 AM
Mmkay, lemme see..::checking the pockets::..Well, nothing right now. :D
Normally, my EDC is a SAK knock-off with wood panels that say "Canada" and have a maple leaf (Don't laugh, it was a gift from the in-laws), a clipless Colt Detective Special (made by United, I believe), and a Benchmade model 42 Bali-Song. No kidding, that's my EDC. Knife laws being what they are, I think I'm over the legal limit, but it stays out of sight. I've got a BM47 on the way, should be here monday. That's the one with the spring latch and a modified (looks like an Elishewitz tanto to me) tanto blade. That might replace the 42, or it might join it. :D

makdaddy03
January 18, 2003, 02:13 AM
ColdSteel

seeker_two
January 20, 2003, 10:32 PM
Spyderco Endura & Leatherman Micra...

Usually have another folder, a Chinese-made Bowie & a multi-use hatchet in the truck for use as needed...:evil:

Crimper-D
January 21, 2003, 01:01 PM
As I type this, I'm carrying a Victorinox Swiss Army Fisherman's model and a Blackie Collins designed Myerco lockback with a partially serrated clip point blade.
My field jackets each have their own folder knives, Case, Buck,
Cammilus...whatever:D

Hand_Rifle_Guy
January 21, 2003, 03:18 PM
Uh... I don't have any of the fancy names.

But I do have an always knife. And I work wood for a living, so it's a good'un, despite it's lack of prestige.

Has no name that I can find in the catalog, other than "utility knife".

Made by Klein Tools of Japan, a supplier of electrician's tools.

2-ish inch drop-point lock-blade folder. Stainless body with a rosewood accent strip riunning down the middle. Blade marked "Klein tools inc. Japan" on one side, "44033" on the other. Is that 440-33 an alloy designation?

Got it at an electrical supply place after I lost my first one, which I'd found on the roof of a building with the tip of the blade broken off. Cost was $22.95

Nice ergonomics. VERY solid construction. Holds an edge better than any knife in my experience.

This blade has shaved delicate little curls off of the back edge of a S&W factory knife, and stayed sharp. It'll whittle aluminum and mild steel with relative ease. I have no idea what it's made of, but it's nothing short of amazing. It is incredibly tough.

I have a spare. They're inexpensive! It's done everything I've ever needed a knife to do, including withstand shocking abuse.

I found a belt-size model at a gunshow once. Blade's about 3 1/2 inches, same configuration and markings, just bigger. Got it for $30. It's neatly the size of my Buck 110. Never seen another, anywhere. I'm afraid to lose it, so it stays home. It's a bit big for a pocket, mostly.

I dunno. It's a $23 knife, but It'll stand with the best. Because I have it, I've felt absolutely NO NEED to suplement my blade equipment with any of the gunowners standards. Even the Buck 110 (A gift from my father.) sits in a drawer, gathering dust.

10-Ring
January 21, 2003, 03:40 PM
I picked up a Kershaw Chive today. It's like a knife, but smaller :D

Mute
January 21, 2003, 04:15 PM
Elishewitz Shadow everyday.

David S
January 24, 2003, 12:14 AM
Kershaw scallion half serrated...........really fast opening, like an automatic..

Guyon
January 24, 2003, 01:33 AM
Most days, it's a Benchmade 705.

I sure would like one of those new Buck/Mayo collaborations.

10-Ring
January 28, 2003, 11:07 AM
Just picked up a Kershaw Blackout

Schuey2002
January 29, 2003, 01:44 AM
I'm currently using a Gerber ARB 3.00 BBS folder...

Always looking for something new.. My next knife will probably be a Boker. :)

Fatcat
January 29, 2003, 03:02 AM
Al Mar SERE 2k. Best dang knife I've ever owned.

Ryder
February 4, 2003, 03:36 AM
Kissing Cranes Stiletto. It started out as a 3" blade. Just measured it and find that it's down to 2.75" now. Stag handles, brass bolsters. Perty little thang :) It's the only knife I have that finds it's way home when lost. Probably been carrying it for about 10 years now.

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=94295

hso
February 4, 2003, 07:11 AM
Hand_Rifle_Guy,

The Klein's are one of the best sleepers in knives. There is no better made knife available and even with all the knives I've got a little cherry Klein is in my collection. They are a small pocket knife that doesn't rust easily, takes a good edge and holds it, and has a classic style that never goes out of style. When all the tactical poser knives are out of fashion your little Klein will still be being manufactured and still be in use by people that work with their knives.

Mike

Hand_Rifle_Guy
February 4, 2003, 05:43 PM
AHA! :cool:

Someone ELSE who knows.

I wonder why they don't cost more. Or perhaps more critically, why don't the competition (Not including hand-built customs. Good work costs.) cost LESS?

Industrialization, I suppose. Mass production and a bigger business offsets expenses.

Well, now the secret's out. Everybody ought to buy one or two of these just to have around as spares. They're not as pretty as some of the more artistic pieces, but they are by no means ugly. And like a Glock, functionality outweighs form. "Hell for stout" carries weight in practical circles like gun-owners and working folks. Particularly at the price these sleepers sell for.

Too bad Klein doesn't make a fixed-blade fighter, but how often do you get into life-threatining fights with wiring? ;)

Country Boy
February 13, 2003, 06:19 PM
My constant companion is a Schrade 50T Old Timer.

MikeK
February 18, 2003, 05:33 PM
Usually a Benchmade 705 - plain edge.

mons meg
February 18, 2003, 06:27 PM
Another vote for Al Mar, but I have an Eagle Ultralight 4" folder with "talon" style blade (spear point with false back edge).

Celtech
February 24, 2003, 10:47 PM
In right pocket Benchmade 690

eft pocket Spyderco Endura

Vorpal
February 25, 2003, 08:26 PM
Always carry two or three,neck knife,either a Mike Franklin
hawg,or Emerson LaGriff.Pocket, Emerson Commander or
M T LCC M/A or D/A. and or JSP Kerambit inside the pants or shoulder rig.:p

Larry

Tweek
February 25, 2003, 11:34 PM
Benchmade 3550SBT "Mel Pardue"

goosegunner
February 27, 2003, 12:44 PM
Only a Swiss- army-knife, and even that is illegal

Marshall
March 7, 2003, 04:49 AM
Kershaw Double Duty, L. front pocket
http://www.kershawknives.com/Kershawraw/4000/4390.jpg

Kershaw Blue Mountain, sheath on belt
http://www.kershawknives.com/Kershawraw/3000/3130.jpg

Kershaw Boron Chive, R. front pocket/suit and tie (thin)
http://www.kershawknives.com/Kershawraw/1000/1600BLK.jpg

And the favorite Kershaw I have is an old one! It is a large folding lockback with a black rubber finger groove grip/handle. Have no idea what it is called? It's field dressed many a deer though! It's the best handled knife I have ever held with slippery, cold and bloody hands! :D

Then there is the center console knife, the tackle box knife, the tool box knife, the recliner chair table knife, the boat glove box knife, the Fillet knife.........:D :D :D

Charles S
March 7, 2003, 10:22 AM
I think it is interesting that must gun people are knife people also. There are some great knives in this post, you guys have some really neat stuff.

Lately I have been carrying, due to stupid Arkansas laws, an waved Emerson CQC7 with a satin finish and a plain edge, and/or and Emerson mini-commander with a satin finish and a partially serated edge.

I almost always carry my Emerson LaGriffe.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=155457

Charles:D

UberAmerican
December 1, 2009, 10:43 PM
My EDC's : a "Rough Rider" brand two blade Barlow ( wonderful quality for the $8 dollar price! I wish it wasn't made in China! Takes and holds a good edge, smooth springs and opening. Asks for a drop of oil now and then, and sometimes a swipe on a very fine stone) or my Gerber mini-covert folder (good all around job knife, small enuf not to frighten bystanders, no springy pop open gimmicks, very light, holds a good edge, and just large enuf so's I don't feel unarmed walking to my car late at night.

clone
December 1, 2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.internetguncatalog.com/igc/pics/large/20722.jpg only $20 and holds and edge for quite a while. It's great for skinning but I use it for everything.

skwab
December 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
Kershaw RAM - it's been a great EDC - but for some reason Kershaw's seem to multiply - I have a blackout too which is also a great EDC.http://www.thekershawstore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/K1910CKT-2.jpg

Doug S
December 1, 2009, 11:13 PM
Good thread!

Altough I'm usually a big SAK fan, right now I'm on a Case kick. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I'm currently carrying 3 Case knives at the same time, because I can't decide which one I like the best. They are a Case Christmas Trapper, a Canoe in CV, and a Small Texas Jack in CV. I hope to choose one, but it is going to be tough choosing between the Canoe and Texas Jack. And of course, I can't give up my SAK, as it's just too handy. Ah, I also still have a SAK on me, either on my belt, or in my pocket organizer (it's amazing how much you can carry in cargo pants). I really didn't think I'd be one of the "knife nuts" who goes around carrying a knife in every pocket...I don't want to do it, I just can't seem to help it:o

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp42/dmattaponi/CVTexasJack.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp42/dmattaponi/CaseCVCanoe.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp42/dmattaponi/ChristmasTrappers.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp42/dmattaponi/VictorinoxSwisschamp.jpg

Clipper
December 1, 2009, 11:23 PM
I've been carrying a Case Trapper for over 30 years.

Doug S
December 1, 2009, 11:37 PM
I've been carrying a Case Trapper for over 30 years.

Now that's how I want to be.:)

hmphargh
December 2, 2009, 12:26 AM
Right now, I have a CRKT M16Z EDC on my front strong side pocket and a Buck Alpha Hunter strong side back pocket. My Benchmade Mini Griptilian is my favorite EDC knife, but right now it is off at Benchmade getting replacement scales (unfortunate drop cracked them). I also have an Al Mar Eagle Ultralight, Benchmade Benchmite II, and CRKT Hammond A.B.C. Operator that get swapped in and out depending on how I'm dressed.

Black Toe Knives
December 2, 2009, 12:28 AM
Here is mine Mine will always be a Kershaw.
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr105/ke4ozo/KE-1745.jpg

Nomad_NH
December 2, 2009, 12:31 AM
Byrd Cara Cara FRN handle

ArfinGreebly
December 2, 2009, 02:20 AM
Well, just for today's EDC rotation . . .

Left side, belt, horizontal pouch: EKA Nordic T8 (full-sized locking folder, Sandvik steel, bubinga wood scales).

Right side, belt, vertical pouch: Leatherman Wave (all stainless).

Right front pocket: EKA Swede 88 (compact locking folder, Sandvik steel, birch wood scales).

Right side pocket (glove pouch): Case XX John Deere medium stockman in green bone (Tru-Sharp stainless), EKA/Wenger Executive Major SAK (actual Wenger SAK with EKA's bubinga wood scales).

Jacket right pocket: Case XX Sod Buster Jr. (CV steel, yellow scales).

Jacket inner pocket: Buck Vantage Avid (Sandvik steel, Dymondwood scales).

Oh, wow. Seven?

Uh, I can explain . . .

I'm still testing different knives to see what works well for me as well as which of those I like best.

No, really. Honest. I am NOT a collector.

I'm just . . . you know . . . trying different stuff.

(Gads. How embarrassing. Seven? Let's not discuss what's in the truck, then.)

:o

hso
December 2, 2009, 07:41 AM
Uh, I can explain . . .

Yeahhhhh, sure you can. :scrutiny:
That's what every "junkie" says. :evil:

Seven's not too bad. ;) My coworkers used to joke that if they held me by the ankles and shook all the knives off me that they'd see no less than 5 fall to the ground and still not be sure that everything was found. :rolleyes:

glistam
December 2, 2009, 09:21 AM
This is an old thread and I'd be shamelessly showing off. But what the heck, everyone else is doing it, even the mods apparently.

I have blades hidden all over. My keyring has a Swiss Utilikey, my wallet has a SwissCard. At work I keep a Leatherman Micra and a Benchmite II. I work for the Feds so it all has to be sub-2.5 inches.

Outside work, rather that switch, I just add more. Gerber Diesal, CRKT BladeLock. And sometimes, a SOG Pentagon Elite II in a shoulder rig. After having to live with <2.5" all day, sometimes you just need a big %$#*ing blade.

Aka Zero
December 2, 2009, 09:36 AM
Right pocket the last year or so. Benchmade Griptillian. Full size. Blade hole with zip tie pocket catch. Warranty voided for the sake of smoothness.

Left pocket wallet, Fenix PD30 flashlight. Only blade is on a can opener on the wallet.

Lower left cargo, leatherman blast. Lower right had a benchmade NRA fecas yesterday, got it cheap, and like aus8 so it may be my blade #3 in daily carry.

Doug S
December 2, 2009, 11:09 AM
Oh, My . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, just for today's EDC rotation . . .

Left side, belt, horizontal pouch: EKA Nordic T8 (full-sized locking folder, Sandvik steel, bubinga wood scales).
Right side, belt, vertical pouch: Leatherman Wave (all stainless).
Right front pocket: EKA Swede 88 (compact locking folder, Sandvik steel, birch wood scales).
Right side pocket (glove pouch): Case XX John Deere medium stockman in green bone (Tru-Sharp stainless), EKA/Wenger Executive Major SAK (actual Wenger SAK with EKA's bubinga wood scales).
Jacket right pocket: Case XX Sod Buster Jr. (CV steel, yellow scales).

Jacket inner pocket: Buck Vantage Avid (Sandvik steel, Dymondwood scales).

Oh, wow. Seven?

Uh, I can explain . . .

I'm still testing different knives to see what works well for me as well as which of those I like best. No, really. Honest. I am NOT a collector. I'm just . . . you know . . . trying different stuff.

After reading this, I'm feeling a little better. It seems in comparison that my addiction is rather minor. I try to limit myself to no more than 4 at one time (not counting the keychain and the pocket tin, of course...which would bring the total to 6. Even at 6, I'm still under 7, which I think we should set as the offical breathalyzer number (when carried on a person all at once) of "knifeoholism".:neener:

blue_ridge
December 2, 2009, 11:29 AM
I bought a Benchmade mini-griptillian and have had it for a year now. I like it better every day. benchmade is made in the USA, supported in the USA (you can call them, they answer in english and will answer your questions, service the knife etc) They come with a life time warranty. Even the edge of the blade is warrantied for life. You ship it to them and they sharpen to original factory edge (which is verrry sharp). I love the thumb switch. I can flick my knife open with a short flip of the wrist and I know their lock is as strong as any made. I clip this knife inside my pocket every single day.

millertyme
December 2, 2009, 04:16 PM
Kershaw 1670BLK. It trims finger and toenails, opens boxes, skins elk, whatever. Had it for a few years now and hope to have it for decades more.

tubeshooter
December 2, 2009, 06:56 PM
Just a simple lockback with a 2 to 3 inch blade from the flea market or gun show. Nothing fancy.

I decided awhile ago to "keep it cheap", so I'm not out much if one gets missing. I try to keep cost around $10 or less.

Coyote3855
December 3, 2009, 10:24 AM
Right now it's a Moore Maker small trapper, plus an older model Spyderco Endura clipped in waistband.

HoosierQ
December 3, 2009, 10:27 AM
Victorinox Tinker in pocket, Gerber EZ Out serrated clipped, Mora 780 fixed in the backpack.

azyogi
December 3, 2009, 11:30 AM
Pocket, Buck 301
Belt, Leatherman
Boot, Sgian Dubh

MM60
December 3, 2009, 12:01 PM
Benchmade Rukus in S30V
http://www.benchmade.com/images/products/model_main/610.jpg

auschip
December 3, 2009, 12:03 PM
Today is a Toxic Green Spyderco Endura (with Wave) in my right front, a Boker Subcom money clip, and an Emerson CQC-7 in my left front.

Yesterday was a Strider GB, and the Subcom.

E304life
December 3, 2009, 08:25 PM
Holy thread revival batman!

Right now, Leatherman Skeletool CX, very sharp.

I only own three other pocket knives, and they get carry time as well.
Benchmade Pika
Benchmade Nagara
Buck Vantage Pro

Someday i'll graduate to a different Benchmade box color.

thunder173
December 3, 2009, 09:50 PM
My everydays...a small Buck Esquire in my left pocket,..and a Gerber Paraframe usually clipped on my belt or in my hip pocket.

TimboKhan
December 4, 2009, 01:09 PM
Here is mine Mine will always be a Kershaw.

I find that odd for you, BTK. I guess I just assumed yours would have been a Jim Adams original!!!:neener:

As far as what I carry, I rotate between a Griptilian and a Endura, and I am more and more frequently carrying a Case Wharncliffe Trapper as my work knife. I still carry the other two to work occasionally, but I am finding that the Case just makes a better, more practical work knife. On the weekends and during the evening though, I love the other two!

I have said it before on the forums and will say it again: I argued against traditional knives like the Case for a long time, and that was dumb of me. I like my "tactical" knives (for lack of a better term) just fine and will probably own more at some point, but there is a spot in my heart for traditional models like the Trapper and the Stockman.

Schofield3
December 4, 2009, 03:12 PM
http://bekleidungskammer.de/images/CRKT%20Carson%20Design%20M16-13.jpg

Erik M
December 4, 2009, 04:32 PM
CRKT, M16-10KZ(just like the one abobe this post, only all black with a tanto point) . I also pack a Boker Urban Survival.

mesinge2
December 4, 2009, 05:04 PM

Floppy_D
December 4, 2009, 05:26 PM
A good friend of mine gave me a Kershaw Shallot as a groomsman's gift a couple years ago, and it's the only pocketknife I carry. All of my jeans have a little wear mark where the clip holds onto the pocket.

Sheepdog1968
December 4, 2009, 05:42 PM
From the wee age of 7 I had a boyscout pocket knife my dad gave to me (blade, can opener, bottle opener, slot screwdriver, awl). When I hit about 30, I started to fear I would loose it as it became sentimental to me. So I got the Swiss Army Tinkerer pocket knife as it was similar and had an extra small blade, philips screwdriver, tweezers (used them several times), tooth pick (yup I've used it). It's a very handy tool and doesn't inspire fear in folks when they see it. If I loose it (lost or given up several in the post 9/11 world) I can easily replace it at $50 or less a pop.

content
December 4, 2009, 07:20 PM
Hello friends and neighbors//Swiss Army Farmer (the one with the saw) all day every day.

In city I add a 3" Gerber folder.
In the woods I add a Bucklite Bushmaster Model 185.

carbuncle
December 7, 2009, 12:31 AM
Right now a CRKT Crawford-Kasper, the smaller one, that I just picked up for a song from Sportman's Guide. Also have it's big brother, which I've had for 8 years, and a couple of Cold Steel Voyager Tantos (small and large) that I've had for at least 12 years. I like the bigger of the two CS knives, and just gave the smaller one to my wife for purse carry. Lastly, I'm not above picking up an S&W knife when they are a good deal somewhere and I've carried both a clip point Homeland Security (which just finished a three year tour as a regular passenger in my jacket pocket) and a clip point large SWAT (which actually saved my life when I got jumped by four idiots about a decade ago).

SeekHer
December 7, 2009, 05:07 AM
Boker Camper also called a Scout's knife left front pocket, been there 20+ years and isn't moving, Bob Dozier (or any of similar size that I have and want to try out) folder on my belt in leather case and any of a number of knives in the right front pocket and right rear pocket from Emerson, CRKT, Benchmade, Chris Reeve, Camillus, Buck, Gerber, Grohmann etc...

I have an old Swiss Army model forgotten with scissors, magnifying glass, toothpick and tweezers, a couple of blades and a couple of openers, nail file etc. on my key chain and it's been there for about 30 years...

I know already I'm getting a Fallkniven folder for Chanukah so that will have to go in one of the right pockets instead of something else till at least summer, otherwise daughter Nbr. 5 will really pout...

I always have three knives with me at all times, where legal, and sometimes as many as six...

When working the belt folder is moved to the left side and a fixed blade replaces it and a multi-tool is added to the left side of the belt...

jahwarrior
December 7, 2009, 11:34 AM
Karambits: Mantis, 5.11 Journeyman, Spyderco:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/jahwarrior72/armoury/027-1.jpg

Spyderco Chinook II:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/jahwarrior72/armoury/DSCN0266.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/jahwarrior72/armoury/Picture013.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/jahwarrior72/armoury/Picture012.jpg

Deltaboy
December 8, 2009, 11:12 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/hogman84/Birthday002.jpg

It is my 44th birtday gift from my wife. I got to go to the store and pick it out. Got it early since we are having my wife's side of the family over for Christmas on my Birthday. :D

FenderTK421
December 12, 2009, 03:06 PM
Forgetting my knife is like forgetting my wallet ... or pants. I feel naked w/ out it. For the last 6 years I have carried the same Kershaw 1550 w/ Ken Onion blade. Love this knife. It's been a pry bar, screw driver, fish and rabbit cleaner, and my daily box opener at work. It opens my beers and gets me back into my truck and house when I lock myself out. It's even been in the Bering Sea (Long story short - we were halibut fishing and got our anchor line caught in the prop shaft, guess who got to dive in and cut us loose?). I have been trying for the last year to retire it for sentimental reasons; the last few times I though it was missing were pretty ugly. I have tried about a dozen knives in the last year alone; Camillus, Spyderco, Gerber, even the odd Buck- they all got dumped in a drawer. Nothing else seems right. Guess I better break down and buy a new one.

p35
December 12, 2009, 10:06 PM
This little Kershaw DWO 3000 kept finding its way into my pocket all the time and I finally quit fighting it- may have others depending on what I'm doing but I always have this.

As Ragnar says, "a knifeless man is a lifeless man!"

Mike U.
December 13, 2009, 01:00 AM
Oh jeez! Another zombie thread?!

Texas Gun Person
December 13, 2009, 05:43 PM
Kershaw Scallion normal edge.

oldcrowraven
December 13, 2009, 06:36 PM
Spyderco Endura. Simple, easy to open and sharp.

mulh222
December 13, 2009, 06:49 PM
Gerber folder w/ 3" blade

JTW Jr.
December 13, 2009, 10:08 PM
same ol' , same ol'.....

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/VegasHenchman/Misc/DSCF5554x.jpg

though I did have my small fixed blade on as well an my Elishewitz folder in the gun bag with the Kerhsaw multi tool.

kamagong
December 14, 2009, 12:07 PM
JTW, what happened to your Erickson?

Here's the one that's in my pocket most days.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3641/mykhnutbuster.jpg

Creature
December 14, 2009, 12:16 PM
Nice knife, kamagong.

What brand is it?

kamagong
December 14, 2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks Creature, it's a custom sodbuster made by Kerry Hampton.

JTW Jr.
December 14, 2009, 02:27 PM
JTW, what happened to your Erickson?

Financial situation , and wanting some new camera gear , forced me to sell off a few customs.

smogmage
December 14, 2009, 02:45 PM
SOG Visonary II

http://www.sog-knives.net/images/SOG-Visionary-II-VS-02-600x600.jpg

kolob10
December 14, 2009, 04:51 PM
I am currently carrying a CRKT M16 tanto in AUS8
My usual carry is a Kershaw Blur in SG2.

codyd
December 14, 2009, 05:24 PM
Cant go wrong with benchmade. my second favorite would have to be my Kershaw. its called "needs work." awesome knife.

Mike U.
December 14, 2009, 09:42 PM
Okay, since Necrothreadia seems to be an accepted practice here, might as well play.
Here are the main folders in my EDC rotation. Normally, I swap on a whim, but I just bought a new Kershaw Tyrade and will EDC it for the next month or so. I carry in both right front and left front pocket since I'm ambidextrous.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Mike_U_photos/MVC-001S-5.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Mike_U_photos/MVC-003S.jpg

As you can see, as far as folders go, my motto is 'go big or go home' and 'a big knife can do what a little knife can do, but, a little knife cannot do what a big knife can do'.
YMMV...

Edited to add:

Here's a quick and dirty pic of the Tyrade:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Mike_U_photos/MVC-001S-6.jpg

Okay, sorry guys. I should have labeled the knives so, here goes.
First pic from top to bottom:
REKAT "Sifu"
Benchmade "Skirmish"
Spyderco "Chinook II"
Spyderco original "Chinook"
Spyderco "Manix" full size

And, of course, the pistol is a H&K USP45 full size

Pic two.
Top to bottom:
Camillus "Cuda Maxx 5.5"
Benchmade "Pinnacle"
Spyderco "Stretch"
Spyderco "Military"
REKAT "Carnivore"

MrFox
December 14, 2009, 11:07 PM
Mike: whats that monster on the top of the first picture?

I carry a benchmade barrage.

hso
December 14, 2009, 11:15 PM
MrFox,

That's a REKAT Sifu.

maskedman504
December 14, 2009, 11:58 PM
JB Rockstar in Chad Nichols SS damascus.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc99/maskedman504/IMG_1387.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc99/maskedman504/IMG_1384.jpg

Louhikaarme
December 16, 2009, 12:33 AM
Well heres few folders from my collection.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc17/Louhikaarme/Pb090007.jpg

Taniwha
December 16, 2009, 04:35 AM
a soon to be retired SAK (Handyman I think), the big one with everything, A Case XX Ka-Bar and a little Tomahawk Sheath

Shanester66
December 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
Strong side front pocket I carry a Benchmade Large Rukus.....weak side left pock I carry a Benchmade mini griptilian and on my belt weak side about 7oclock I carry a Kabar TDI. I have many blades so I do switch out my edc often.

bobbytm
December 19, 2009, 08:29 AM
my new one...

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss255/bobbytm_2009/mountainman.jpg

Storm
December 23, 2009, 08:52 AM
Two new ones below, a Benchmade Gravitator and Resistor. I also added a Benchmade 940 Osborne yesterday and a BM 950 RIFT should land today or tomorrow with a Barrage bringing up the rear. The 940 is going to be a superb EDC for lighter tasks.

My usual EDC shifts from my BM Griptilian to a BM Mini Ambush and a BM Presidio Axis and Presidio Axis Ultra and a Kershaw R.A.M. and Zero Tolerance 0350. I just picked up a used Speed Bump that will also see a lot of service.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4650/img7228.jpg

RONSERESURPLUS
December 23, 2009, 09:00 AM
Hello all, RON L here, My Day to Day carry knifes:

Spyderco "Police Model" I've had this one for over 18 years now and got it the first year they offered it for sale, was my carry oversea's knife! Some times I carry a smaller kersshaw scalloin oh and always a swiss on my Keychain and a Wave or Gerber Multi tool somewhere on me!

RON

Quickdraw Limpsalot
December 23, 2009, 10:56 AM
Today?

CRKT M-21 - right side
SOG Flash II - left side

The Highlander
December 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
@Storm- 940 osborne is a great blade.

Specialized
December 23, 2009, 02:13 PM
I cycle through a host of EDC knives, sometimes picking one in the morning that suits what I'll be doing for that day. Today, it's a ZeroTolerance 350. Other days, it's one of 12-14 knives from the display case in my office. The ones I carry most frequently, in no particular order, include:

1. Strider SnG
2. Blackhawk Crucible
3. ZT 300 Special Edition
4. Kershaw Mini-Cyclone
5. Kershaw Steven Seagal
6. Hinderer XM-18
7. Benchmade 940 Osborne
8. Spyderco Chinook
9. Spyderco Manix

I carry the others (having trouble remembering them all!) but this is my "top 10" list.

Specialized

There are a few others, but those are the ones I typically carry.

Storm
December 23, 2009, 02:51 PM
@Storm- 940 osborne is a great blade.

I'm finding that out! Light and darn well balanced. Easy to look at. A very fast opening blade that is wicked sharp and nicely sized considering the overall size of the knife. I have a feeling it's going to be a constant companion.

BTW, I love the green scales and purple Titanium spine.

wobble
December 23, 2009, 08:51 PM
My daily carry is a Spyderco Drangonfly but I own several other Spyderco's.

rico700
December 23, 2009, 09:15 PM
Love my mini skirmish- my favorite as of late. Like most all of you folks the reserve / choices are numerous.
Lately I favor anything I can open and close quickly w/ one hand.

Mp7
December 23, 2009, 09:33 PM
in the last moons .. it is usually a japanese Higonokami knife
http://images.manufactum.de/manufactum/grossbild/73573_1.jpg

circa 55-65mm blade ... very thick. No lockback.
.. soo light and slender, you only know its there cos you
put it there yourself.

..i also have a Herbertz half serrated mini - tantofolder
decently made from aus8 ... which i ordered when on sale.
The best 10$ ive spent besides on Mora and Opinel.

Evnldr
December 23, 2009, 09:46 PM
10$ smith and Wesson extreme opps ( mine is non serrated. )

10 $ 440C blade.. Coolhttp://bekleidungskammer.de/images/Smith%20&%20Wesson%20extreme%20Ops.jpg

MAINEMAN
December 23, 2009, 09:59 PM
I had carried an opinel #8 for years, but recently discovered the technology of the pocket clip! I now carry a KA-BAR Dozier folder. it's the 3'' one with the clip point. That rides in the aft corner of my jean pocket. In addition, I sometimes carry a Tekna dive knife in it's locking sheath IWB for emergencies. when in the woods, (which is a lot) I carry my Buck 119 on my left hip. I am going to get a buck vantage pro as soon as Knifecenter stocks them, but i doubt that will replace my Dozier. My habit is an inexspensive knife so that when (and not if) I break or lose it i'm not out much money.

dtalley
December 23, 2009, 10:06 PM
I carry a Kershaw Whirlwind. I'm on my 3rd. one in 14 years. Wore one almost out and give it to my son. Second one was stolen a couple of weeks ago out of my Pickup. Wife had used it while we were driving somewhere and she put it on the console. Next morning it and many other items had been taken from my vehicle. So now I have my 3rd one. I love them as you can tell. Great knife, holds an edge and good size

Shytheed Dumas
December 23, 2009, 10:32 PM
Between an edge that didn't stay sharp, and the fact that the thumb opener broke, I just wasn't happy with my S&W M&P so I went looking for a really good, affordable assisted opening knife. Based on some solid recommendations on this site, UPS just delivered my new Kershaw Leek along with 3 more just like it for Christmas gifts. So far, VERY happy.

Zip7
December 23, 2009, 11:15 PM
All day every day, a Case red bone 6347 stockman with carbon steel blades - made in 1970, although I have only had it a few years. If I ever wear it out, I'll just grab one of these backups I have stashed...

http://www.ride8.com/images/knives/redbone1.jpg

scmerrill71
December 24, 2009, 01:53 PM
i carry this little thing that has a small blade, nail filer and scissors on the back side.i have a wide assortmant of knives, but switched to this one when i fogot i had my big tactical folder on me when i went to court for my divorce years ago....what a situation that created when i pulled it out of my pocket befor i went threw the metal detectors...lol.

dixie_flyer
December 24, 2009, 02:18 PM
I always carry a Case knife of some sort -- usually a canoe knife or a seahorse whittler

DaveBeal
December 24, 2009, 02:56 PM
Lately it's been a Boker Plus Subcom F:

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000131/Images/9/BKBO589.jpg

GlockFan
December 24, 2009, 03:11 PM
Kershaw Scallion 1620ST

Stainlessbutcher
December 24, 2009, 11:13 PM
Right rear pocket, Benchmade Elishewitz stryker, right front pocket, Case XX two blade folder, waistband over left pocket(wallet side) Ken Onion assisted open...not sure what model.

Butch.

zxcvbob
December 24, 2009, 11:47 PM
Everyday carry is an Opinel #8. Sometimes I carry a Gerber EZ-Out if I think I'm gonna need to (for example) cut the tops off of coffee cans or cut thru ropes that day.

RX-178
December 25, 2009, 12:34 AM
:uhoh:

....Is there any stigma about tacticool knives here?.. Anyone? Hmm?

Okay, I'll admit it. I carry an Extrema Ratio Nemesis in my right trouser pocket every day.

...And when it's cold enough that I need to wear my *cough* 5.11 *cough* jacket, like it is now, I also have a Dark Ops Stratofighter Stiletto in one of the right cargo pocket magazine pouches.

I didn't buy them with the intent to carry them! Honest! I bought the Stratofighter Stiletto, and.. it's so beautiful. Sort of. In a functional... tacticool kinda way. :uhoh: But it has that really aggressive grip texturing right under the pocket clip, so even when I decided I really wanted to carry it, I was afraid it would tear the edge of my pocket.

Then I found the Extrema Ratio with its smooth aluminum sides... and got it. And started carrying it.

C'mon guys... I don't really need /PROFESSIONAL/ help, now do I? :o

ChristopherG
December 25, 2009, 02:03 AM
Spyderco Stretch ZDP189 on my own time.

Leatherman Charge TTi + Ka-bar TDI on the Sheriff's time.

Jiopopp
December 25, 2009, 11:19 PM
Spyderco Harpy ftw

19-3Ben
December 25, 2009, 11:27 PM
Benchmade model 551 Griptillian.

LOVE this knife.

Beelzy
December 26, 2009, 11:19 AM
Sebenza (means Work).......Freaking Bullet Proof!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/beelzy/Sebbie2.jpg

Deltaboy
December 26, 2009, 11:26 AM
nice

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 29, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hey Jim March, that knife handle has grooves for 5 fingers (not counting a thumb) is it for aliens or what? :p

Lately I've been carrying this big honkin full-sized Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn combat folder. Gutted a deer with it in November (not my deer), and keep it double-edged for self-defense.

Markus
December 29, 2009, 07:57 PM
boker sub com fixed.

Pistola
December 30, 2009, 03:25 PM
Kershaw 1660BB
http://i48.tinypic.com/inahpd.jpg

deucemanbb
December 30, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm with Trapshooter, Victorianox Executive. Mighty handy and the orange peeler will pop a bunch of locks.

jn1965
December 30, 2009, 08:15 PM
Here is what I have on me tonight...

The folder is one of 48 I bought CHEAP from QVC. I gave some away as gifts and well, if I break one of these I just grab a new one. To tell you the truth for a $2.00 Chinese knife it is pretty good. I have a few in each car, the tool boxes, etc.

The other needs no introduction...
Except that it is 25 or 26 years old... It actually has replacement grips on it as I chipped the original and sent it back to Victorinox and they repaired it for free.

berettashotgun
December 30, 2009, 11:32 PM
Always a Endura, and with the combo blade.
Cleaned 4 deer with it this year, first one was because I forgot my gut hook - after that I was very happy with it. Still , I will use the correct tool next year. phfft.....
It has scraped sealant from aircraft panels ( don't tell the inspector ) and trout in Colorado.
Even opened a few beer bottles.

Carl Levitian
December 30, 2009, 11:59 PM
I've been using a couple of Opinels I had sanded off the lousy finish and sanded and reshaped the handles a bit, then refinished in Minwax Golden oak with a Helmsman Spar Urathane sealer. Joint lubed with mineral oil.

I've got them to where I can drop them in a glass of water for 20 minutes and still open them just fine.

kolob10
December 31, 2009, 11:23 AM
Leatherman Wave multi tool on my belt and Kershaw Blur in my pocket.

swiftak
December 31, 2009, 03:46 PM
In my right pocket right now is a CRKT M-16

Skillet
January 2, 2010, 11:58 PM
A Buck Alpha Dorado with rosewood wood for the grips. handy knife! and pretty too.

801sureshot
January 3, 2010, 07:52 PM
used to be syderco walker now benchmade auto, always right front pocket clipped...

ilbob
January 6, 2010, 03:53 PM
I used to carry a leatherman PSTII. Then I switched to a promo knife the NRA-ILA sent me a long while back. Nice little lock back with about a 3" blade.

Then last year a friend who owns a Harley dealership gave me a little folder commemorating their 95th anniversary. I liked it so I carry that now.

At one time I also had a 2 bladed folder non-locking but I switched it out for the leatherman.

devildog32713
January 6, 2010, 06:54 PM
(Christmas Present) A Kershaw Blackout Tanto, with a fine blade, sweet little knife, sharpest I've ever had too.

lwdaniel
January 6, 2010, 07:17 PM
I carry a Spyderco Military (CPM 440V),

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21Upmb5zDNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

or a Buck Strider 880.

http://swiatnozy.com.pl/gfx/artykuly/buck_strider/buck_02_sm.jpg

mostly the Spyderco.

UberAmerican
January 6, 2010, 09:43 PM
Perhaps not in my pocket all the time ( I think most of us here have several "favorites" in our collections! I earlier had mentioned my Barlow and Gerber mini-covert), but a Douk-Douk hangs out in my truck glovebox and another in my tool belt. Good beater non-lockers, and too ugly for anyone to want to steal! The steel's not stainless, takes a good edge with little effort, and keeps an edge pretty darned well.

Erik M
January 10, 2010, 02:42 AM
Colombia River Lake Sentinel. Got one from Smokey Mountain Knife Works during the last 20% off sale, MSRP is $70, I picked mine up for just over $20. It has a heck of a sharp blade. Thick steel too.

http://www.crkt.com/crkt/content/images_inv/c/x/185/CR7122W_xlarge_16594_full_185.jpg

Leafy Cronmer
January 15, 2010, 05:37 AM
I carry a Benchmade Model 530 Pardue. Great knife, keeps a sharp edge, and looks slick.

LoneCoon
January 15, 2010, 11:44 AM
Cyber tool 41 on my belt, and a Gerber folder in my pocket. Need to find a decent straight blade to add as well.

41magsnub
January 15, 2010, 11:50 AM
All I pack around is a leatherman Squirt P4

JShirley
January 15, 2010, 12:04 PM
This thread is not only huge, it's 7 years old.

Nighty-bye.

If you enjoyed reading about "Your pocket knife?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!