Best holster for CW carry when wearing jeans?

PDA

Capp35
February 13, 2011, 10:45 AM
I am in jeans 90% of the time. Looking for something that I can use to carry with jeans and a Tshirt that won't print to bad.
I think a IWB would be uncomfortable for long periods and not practical with jeans.

BTW, I have a Kahr PM9.

Any suggestions and does anyone carry this pistol concealed?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Best holster for CW carry when wearing jeans?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Frozen North
February 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
High ride belt slide like DeSantis speed scabbard work great for me and my G26. You have to have a really good belt for a high ride holster though. I can OWB most of the time in a T shirt of a hoodie with no problems.

Uneasy Rider
February 13, 2011, 08:27 PM
Jeans work just fine for my IWB carry gun. (Steyr S9)

Perhaps your jeans are too tight.:neener:

J/k...I'd suggest maybe just opting for the "Loose fit" style or even going one size larger. That seems to work for me.

Sam1911
February 13, 2011, 08:44 PM
Jeans work very well for IWB carry. You will need them to be a size or two larger, but that just makes sense with any pants.

The t-shirt will work as well with an IWB as with a speed-scabbard ("pancake") style OWB. It will cover well, or not, depending on how tight it is and what color.

Capp35
February 13, 2011, 10:15 PM
Thats the only thing I do not like with using a IWB holster, changing your wardrobe.
Maybe I am just a Novice, but when you buy a pair of jeans 2 sizes larger, what do you do when you come home? Take off your weapon, have baggy pants and tighten your belt? :)

If I can use a IWB with my current clothes, I will give it a try. Otherwise I am thinking of OWB or some other option.
This is my first time to try to carry full time, not just when I am feeling uncomfortable with my surroundings.

I need more input please.

Frozen North
February 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
I know what you are talking about. I don't like my jeans oversize either. If I can get away with OWB most of the time, I am gonna do it. It is surprising how well a sub compact can be concealed without stuffing it down your pants. When you have a short barrel and a short grip, your options are wide open.

Sam1911
February 14, 2011, 06:49 AM
I try not to wear my jeans so very snug that I don't have room for an IWB 1911 in them if I want it, but I do often carry in an OWB pancake holster as it's just all-around more comfortable.

heeler
February 14, 2011, 08:19 AM
I just bought a PM9 myself and am strongly considering the Mitch Rosen Premier OWB that can be seen on Kahrs website.
I like this holster due to the fact that it uses snaps instead of having to run your belt through it to put it on or take it off.
My jury is still out with the IWB as I refuse to buy pants two sizes larger to accomodate a pistol.
I will probably still buy an IWB for times I wear pants other than jeans that have the elastic stretch back in the pants or perhaps loose shorts.
And since I usually wear shorts with cargo pockets a good pocket holster will be a must.
Good luck.

Capp35
February 14, 2011, 09:04 AM
I have seen the snaps and like the idea, but does it hold as snug as a holster with belt slots in it?
Also with a pancake, should I find a holster with a backing to it that keeps the butt from touching my skin? I would think it would be more comfortable but maybe cause it to stick out further?

Any more suggestions on a good pancake?

Also where can I find a good affordable belt? What width should I look for with jeans?

Thanks again....

Sam1911
February 14, 2011, 09:15 AM
I have seen the snaps and like the idea, but does it hold as snug as a holster with belt slots in it?From a quality maker, yes. The snaps will be "one-way" snaps that only release when pried up in a certain direction, so they can't come loose accidentally.

Also with a pancake, should I find a holster with a backing to it that keeps the butt from touching my skin? I would think it would be more comfortable but maybe cause it to stick out further?A 'sweat-shield' is what you're referring to. I've never seen a holster that had one that covered the entire butt of the gun, as the butt doesn't really ride against you, usually. Most sweat shields cover the back of the slide and whatever safety levers, decocking levers, and slide serrations there might be, and keep the corner of the back of the slide from digging into you. On an IWB, that's pretty important. On an OWB, not so much, but that all depends on your body shape. If you tend to 'lap over' a bit on the sides, it may make it more comfortable.

Any more suggestions on a good pancake? I use a DeSantis "Speed Scabbard" but most of the makers put out one version of this or another.

You should decide if you want a thumb-break retention strap or not. Some makers have them, some don't, some give you the choice. (I don't use them, myself.)

Also where can I find a good affordable belt? What width should I look for with jeans?Beltman (http://www.thebeltman.net/) leather is a very good maker for a leather belt. Wilderness Tactical (http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/)makes some very good synthetic belts, either the '5-stitch' or 'Instructor' model offer a lot of support.

For jeans, I really like a 1-3/4" belt as that gives the very best support and digs in the least. Most guys buy 1-1/2" though. Don't go smaller than that unless you have to to fit dress slacks.

heeler
February 14, 2011, 09:43 AM
Another holster I have considered is the Mtac Gladiator.
They also make a paddle holster that is reasonably priced and so far I have not heard anything really bad about Mtac products.
There is an absolute endless number of holsters out there that just make the newby gun owner dizzy trying to decide what's best.
I get the impression that's what people are talking about when they say they have a drawer full of holsters that just did not live up to their expectations.
I am trying like you Capp35 to try and get it right the first time.

Edit to add...I meant the Mtac Gladiator NOT the Minotaur as the Minotaur is an IWB holster.

Capp35
February 14, 2011, 10:05 AM
I know what you mean Heeler.
I don't have the money for a draw full of $80 holsters....

W.E.G.
February 14, 2011, 10:47 AM
Two words:
COVER GARMENT

Carrying a firearm requires a wardrobe adjustment.

I can't imagine carrying a full-size firearm in one of those inside the pants holsters for more than a very short period of time.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/fobusG22.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/holsters/model60357andholster1.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/holsters/SW-holsterbothsides.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/holsters/holsterandammocarrier.jpg

heeler
February 14, 2011, 11:05 AM
Well W.E.G. practically ever gun forum I have read from always,and I do mean always has a whole list of people that state they carry their full size 1911's,Glocks,etc. in an IWB holster everywhere they go.
In fact over at another site I specifically asked one guy who touts the IWB is the only way to go and he carries a full size 1911 IWB just how he goes about getting in and out of a small econo work car,drives daily,bend over to pick up the newspaper or trash and he never answered back.
I carried a small Colt Mustang in a IWB holster for two weeks and was constantly being gouged by the pistol.
Maybe it's just me but.

Sam1911
February 14, 2011, 12:41 PM
I can wear either IWB or OWB for hours with a 1911 and not feel uncomfortable. You're going to need some kind of cover garment anyway, and an IWB is going to be least comfortable if you really do insist that you're a size 32 waist when you're just more man than that, so to speak, and you compound that situation by insisting that there's room in them there jeans for you and your gun, too! :)

If you have a quality IWB holster, and go buy a pair of pants that is truly sufficient to comfortably encompass the both of you (even if you have to hit the big&tall dept. to do that), and a belt which can be let out until you're not tied off like a sack of flour, an IWB can be just fine.

(I don't always give myself quite enough room in that department either. Sometimes it's just too depressing to try the IWB thing in the months after the holiday eating season. :o)

But, it also comes down to body type/style/size and how much sensory input from your hip you're willing to ignore.

Pyro
February 14, 2011, 12:49 PM
There is no such thing as a "best holster".
Find one you like and use it.
-Pyro

Capp35
February 14, 2011, 03:09 PM
Well your alot of help Pyro. LOL

I think I am going to shop around for a high ride OWB pancake. So any suggestions on price/quality will be appreciated.

One last question I have the all black PM9. Wouldn't the black holster be the best for concealment?

Thanks

g.a.stahle
February 14, 2011, 06:01 PM
I go back and forth carrying a Kimber Pro TLE II 1911 and a Sig Sauer 225/P6.

I use Galco Sto-N-Go IWB holsters for both of them when carrying IWB. The Kimber is most comfortable at a 4 o'clock position and the Sig is fine either at 2 o'clock or 4.

When I carry OWB I use a Blackhawk Checksix holster for the Kimber and a DeSantis SpeedScabbard for the Sig. I'm 6'1 and 170 lbs and I can get away with just a pair of jeans and a t-shirt without printing.

Like others have said, find what works for you and go with that. Go to several different places that sell holster and try them out (everywhere I've been to is more than happy to let you test their products) if you don't like their price but you like what they've got: go home and order it online.

Sam1911
February 14, 2011, 06:35 PM
if you don't like their price but you like what they've got: go home and order it online. Sigh. I know it's the age we live in, and no company has any right to expect that anyone will shop based on more than price alone, but if the price isn't an absolute deal killer, maybe consider letting the store that let you try some products out take their 10% or 20% markup over online cost (+ shipping). After all, the ability to try things out in person and pick from a selection is a nice added service they're providing. All that inventory sitting there costs them something.

If they let you try six holsters and finally pick one that works, consider that they just saved you (possibly) the cost of five rejects, and/or settling for something less than perfect.

Just a thought, do what you have to do, but I don't know any shops around here that keep a good holster selection, and that is a service I kind of wish I had the opportunity to pay for.

BullfrogKen
February 14, 2011, 06:48 PM
For a high ride pancake I always liked Milt Spark's products. Paddle holsters tend to be a lot less concealable, especially only under a T-shirt.

A Kahr is pretty slim, and soft around the edges. I never did much like inside the waistband holsters much, but with a Kahr it wouldn't be all that uncomforable. You would need to still take it into account when you get a belt and your jeans. You might find them a little tight; denim doesn't have much give.

Well W.E.G. practically ever gun forum I have read from always,and I do mean always has a whole list of people that state they carry their full size 1911's,Glocks,etc. in an IWB holster everywhere they go.

Yeah, well . . . that's the internet for ya. People can say whatever they want. Carrying a Glock shoved inside your jeans is damn uncomfortable, and I know few who really do it. Few people actually carry a gun everywhere they go, too. 1911's are easier, because they're thinner. Even a 5" 1911. Be about as thick as that Kahr of yours.

Shove it inside your jeans right now and see how that feels. It won't get any thinner with whatever IWB holster you wrap around it.

JTQ
February 14, 2011, 08:30 PM
The Raven Concealment Phantom has been a big help in my search for the perfect holster for my 5", 1911.

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/product_info.php?products_id=1562

This one holster allows IWB or OWB carry with just a change of attachments. You can also adjust the cant or ride height. With all those options with just one holster you can figure out what works best for you. That will make subsequent purchases much easier. I suspect you will buy other holsters, even if you find the Raven to be "just right" simply because that is the way most of us are, always looking for "perfect".

The Raven is very close fitting and lightweight. In my opinion, it is the most concealable kydex OWB holster available. It is also an excellent IWB holster.

JTQ
February 14, 2011, 08:37 PM
For a belt I recommend a 1 1/2" belt, I think they are the most versatile.

Good makers are
The Beltman http://www.thebeltman.net/

A&G Custom Leather http://www.agcustomgunleather.com/

High Noon http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

Tucker Gunleather http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html
(the bullhide belts he sells are actually from the Beltman. The other belts on his site are of his own making)

If you want nylon, the Wilderness Instructor belt is a good choice and will work pretty well with jeans. I'm using the 5-stitch Instructor belt right now.
http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/

Capp35
February 15, 2011, 08:57 PM
Can pancake holsters be worn on the side or are they only for behind the hip? I would like to find something that rides on my hip or maybe a few inches forward.

Sorry this must seem like a noob question.

BullfrogKen
February 15, 2011, 09:16 PM
It'll ride wherever you put it.

Paulgibs
February 15, 2011, 10:07 PM
I use the Don Hume IWB in my front jeans pocket. Sometimes it gets a little heavy, but it rides just fine.

Capp35
February 16, 2011, 08:44 AM
Last questions, I promise. (For now, LOL)

I am going to start off by buying a good belt and a pancake holster.
I like the idea of the ones with the snaps for easy removal if it keeps it as close to your side. It seems like it would be nice for when you are in the car etc, when it is in the way.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of having a snap or slot holster?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of Kydex holsters? I know nothing about it.
Are they soft inside like leather for minimal holster wear on pistols?

Thanks again!

Sam1911
February 16, 2011, 08:51 AM
What are the advantages/disadvantages of having a snap or slot holster?Slot style holsters are a hair less bulky as there is no need for two layers of leather and a snap at the attachment points.

The benefits of the snap type would seem obvious: quick and hassle-free removal and re-arming if you are frequently in places where you must not carry.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of Kydex holsters? I know nothing about it.
Are they soft inside like leather for minimal holster wear on pistols?
Leather and kydex both cause wear on the gun. Leather tends to wear the finish over a larger portion of the gun as it is more flexible, and can capture and hold grit. Kydex wears a few very specific contact points instead of the whole surface, but does so more aggressively. It also has the benefit of retaining less dirt/grit and being easily washable.

Kydex is more easily formed than leather and can be molded to the form of the gun without the hand-work required to make a high-quality leather holster. (That means they can be a little cheaper, sometimes.) It also is far more rigid meaning that a thinner and simpler kydex holster is less likely to collapse when the pistol is withdrawn (important for re-holstering) and that they tend to provide a more "positive" draw release. Speaking in broad generalities, guns tend to "click" into a kydex holster where they ride in more of a friction fit in a leather one.

Again, very generally, many users prefer leather for carry holsters as it tends to be more flexible and comfortable. Many users (even the same ones!) prefer Kydex for competition uses for a fast and highly predictable draw stroke, and the surety of that "click" retention fit. But there is a lot of cross-over and conflicting opinion on those subjects.

CTPhil
February 16, 2011, 08:54 AM
I carry semi auto mouse guns in my front jeans pocket in a simple sleeve type holster (http://www.beebarb.com/productnumber384.htm).

BullfrogKen
February 16, 2011, 09:03 AM
Leather, especially new leather, creaks when you wear it. Kind of like a new pair of dress shoes. And like shoes, it'll break in and quiet down. Kydex doesn't creak.

Leather is quieter on the draw. If you need to perform a surreptitious draw, you won't be able to do that easily with Kydex.

If you bump the holster against something - lean against a wall, bump a chair, whatever - leather muffles the sound a bit so it could be mistaken for something else, like a phone. Kydex will have a distinct clunk that doesn't sound like it could be mistaken for much anything else.

Snaps? I do think slots are a bit more secure, stable and rigid on the belt, and have a slightly thinner profile. Unless you forsee taking the holster on and off much during the day, slots are just fine.

JTQ
February 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
I think the easy-on/easy-off holsters may be a good idea for a lefty carrying strongside or a righty carrying crossdraw since that is a lot of belt to undo to get to the holster. However, for a righty carrying strongside, I think I could probably undo my belt and get the holster off easier and faster than some of the easy-on/easy-off models. Of course if I'm using the Wilderness belt it may be a different story. It is a little more work with the velcro and threading all that extra belt.

In your earlier post about carrying at the hip or forward, one thing to consider is the cant of the holster. An FBI cant with the muzzle to the rear is better suited to carry at the hip or to the rear. A straight drop would be to your advantage if you plan on carrying at the hip or forward.

If you want a kydex holster with leather lining you can try Garrett Industries.
http://www.gimagclip.com/

JTQ
February 16, 2011, 10:25 AM
High Noon has an excellent FAQ section that may be worth a read.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Questions/_questions.html

Capp35
February 16, 2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

Ok, I am going to get a leather pancake with slots on a good leather belt.
I just need to decide if I want an FBI cant or not. That will be a personal preference depending were I decide to wear it. (hip or sightly to the front)

I also need to decide between black or brown holster.
I am getting a dark brown belt, most probably since it will go with anything I wear. I like the way the natural tan leather looks, but don't you think a black holster would hide/blend more natural with an all black gun?

heeler
February 16, 2011, 11:51 AM
Too weird.
Capp35 and I live in the same city,both own new PM9's and at the very same time we are looking for the same thing which is probably the non existent perfect holster.
JTQ,I just so happened to see a photo of a guy that was wearing a Raven Concealment Phantom right next to a Comp-Tac and was amazed how tight and close to the body it was compared to the other.
The Raven site does not go into enough detail for the prospective buyer imho but you said enough to help me understand it a whole lot better.
And it's priced right too!!
Sam1911,your description of the different types holsters and their rigging helped a lot too.
More!!

Capp35
February 16, 2011, 02:44 PM
Heeler,
there was a good write up and pictures of the Raven here:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/photo-gallery/56179-raven-concealment-systems-phantom-holster-xd9sc-review-intensive-pics.html

WaltonS
February 16, 2011, 02:54 PM
On the cheap side, with a little bit of trimming you might have some luck with KHolster. I've found that reducing the material on the leather backing (which doesn't void warranty) gives you a more comfortable and less detectable holster.

kk0g
February 16, 2011, 03:14 PM
Thats the only thing I do not like with using a IWB holster, changing your wardrobe.
Maybe I am just a Novice, but when you buy a pair of jeans 2 sizes larger, what do you do when you come home? Take off your weapon, have baggy pants and tighten your belt? :)

If I can use a IWB with my current clothes, I will give it a try. Otherwise I am thinking of OWB or some other option.
This is my first time to try to carry full time, not just when I am feeling uncomfortable with my surroundings.

I need more input please.

Why take your weapon off when you get home?

I carry a full size XDM 9 all day, every day in a Kholster (http://www.kholster.com/) IWB and it is by far the most comfortable and easily concealable holster I've ever used.

While I do buy my pants a little loose, honestly they still fit just fine without the holster in place.

WaltonS
February 16, 2011, 03:24 PM
I second that as well. Typically I'm a 29 (skinny sunuvagun, I know) but wearing 30-31 is perfectly comfortable and fits a Kholster just fine. As an added bonus, those sizes are easier to find! :p

heeler
February 16, 2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks Capp35 that was a really good link.
Also the fact is that those XD's,even the sub compact are as they say,fat,compared of course to our Kahrs and that holster set up really concealed the thing very well indeed.
I am definitely going to give this holster a really strong consideration.
The only rub is I *think* you have to pay extra for the other attachments and if so the holster could easily scale to the hundred dollar mark.
But then again it's well worth it if it keeps the gun from printing because we both well know in Texas concealed MEANS concealed.

To our more experienced carriers,I was also looking at the supplied links on the belts and have never liked wide belts and would never want a 1.5" belt and was wondering how well the 1.25" belts would do supporting a relatively light Kahr PM9??
Personally a belt of 1" would be more to my liking but I can deal with a 1.25" belt as I have yet to see a true gun belt that is an inch.
Anyway what a joy it will be to have a quality leather belt as I have actually gone through no less than two dress belts for work in less than five months because they are so stinking Chinese cheap POS BELTS!!

Sam1911
February 16, 2011, 03:48 PM
Hmmm... a 1" belt? A leather-working buddy of mine made a 1" gun belt (1/4" thick, two layers) for my son. But he's got a 20" waist and just turned six. :)

Will a narrow belt support a light gun? Sure. Better make sure it is as high quality as possible, but a good one probably will just fine.

Beltman has a page for 1-1/4" belts: http://www.thebeltman.net/bh114.htm

Now, one problem may be that most holsters have attachment points cut to fit wider belts (most will fit a 1-3/4" easily, perhaps 2"), and giving a half inch of slack in those slots might make it ride a little less securely than an arrangement where the holster fits the belt closely.

(Further, when you grab the gun and the holster rides up 1/2" before you start actually drawing.)

But it really might not be a problem for you -- and if you find a style you really like, many custom holster makers will build to whatever specification you give them.

And, if you switched to a style that is "modular" and/or has replaceable straps/hooks/loops, you could swap out for 1-1/4" ones easily.

heeler
February 16, 2011, 03:52 PM
Point well taken Sam.
I really had not thought about what the half inch difference might do or be like.
So much to take in and learn.
I do believe the Raven system has attachments for the 1.25 belts.
I will have to double check that of course because I have been reading so many holster websites the last few days that I am getting mush brain.

zxcvbob
February 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
I just got my carry license. Been carrying a P3AT with the belt clip, covered by a shirt tail or light jacket. But I'm looking a LH holster to fit a CZ-82. Will probably get some kind of high-riding paddle holster if anybody makes one the right size.

But my main point is, some of use can't wear pants that are even 1 size too big because they'll fall off! I've got no butt (kind of like Hank Hill) and I have to wear pants that fit snug and wear my belt tight, so IWB is kind of out of the question. I did get a "last chance" belt to replace my worn out leather dress belt and that helped tremendously but not enough.

Wife says I need to get some suspenders. That might fix some of the previous posters' problems too.

Capp35
February 16, 2011, 08:58 PM
I don't see suspenders in my future.......... LOL

Sam1911
February 16, 2011, 09:13 PM
Well, there are some VERY classy business attire style suspenders, if you could pull that off, but it helps to be Michael Douglas.

Thlax
February 18, 2011, 12:34 PM
Crossbreed

mdauben
February 18, 2011, 01:41 PM
Can pancake holsters be worn on the side or are they only for behind the hip? I would like to find something that rides on my hip or maybe a few inches forward.

Not everyone may agree, but for me it depends on the way the gun is held in the holster. Most "behind the hip" holsters are designed to hold the gun in a "butt forward" orientation (were the muzzle is angled backwards). This orients the grip to match the position of the hand when you reach behind for the gun.

For forward of the hip or "appendix" carry, I prefer the opposite or "muzzle forward" orientation of the gun, as this matches the angle of my hand when I draw the guns from this position.

YMMV.

QUICK_DRAW_McGRAW
February 22, 2011, 08:44 PM
jeans and a T-shirt almost every day, IWB on any gun i carry without any issue, very easy to conceal with the right holster and belt.

milq
February 24, 2011, 12:53 AM
I just purchased a Cuda holster for my CW9 from Simply Rugged. I also got the IWB straps for it, in case I want to carry IWB. Very good quality leather, sits tight on my body and well priced package, I highly recommend them.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/milq/2011-02-14205842.jpg

NMGonzo
February 24, 2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/foto.php?src=imgproductos/IWHBROWNSMALLGUN.jpg&x=200&y=265&r=0&c=1

heeler
February 24, 2011, 01:56 PM
milq,how well does that Cuda do as an IWB holster?
How's the comfort?
Nice setup and I am interested in one now that I have seen yours and also SR's website.
This company got past me I think.

AZ Five seveN
February 25, 2011, 09:35 AM
I wear the Crossbreed SuperTuck holster in everything, including jeans. It's by far the best holster I've ever owned. I can make my Five-seveN comfortable on my back, and it is not a small gun by any stretch of the imagination.

RedAlert
February 25, 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm sure to get flak on this post. I've used an Uncle Mike's padded nylon holster for my PM40. It is very comfortable, adjustable and concealable. Did I mention inexpensive?
If you get this holster you can experiment with placement and it can be worn cross-draw if desired.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/super_belt_slide_holsters.html

So as time goes on if you like the placement of this holster then you can drop a $100 or so on a custom leather holster. I wear mine with the holster between the belt and my jeans waistband. Almost invisible with a black nylon 5.11 belt.

milq
February 26, 2011, 02:06 AM
heeler, I haven't carried with it for very long IWB...I live in IL so it's for use outside my state. I have only used it for about 30 minutes IWB (HAD to try it out around the home-place of course) but I think it will be fine that way if needed.

I have a Milt Sparks Summer Special for 1911 and the Cuda is definitely more comfy, but of course the whole package is smaller anyway. I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck for a Sig P220, which works well for it, but again, it's a full size gun.

I am very impressed with the standard OWB concealment of the Cuda, it pulls in tight with a good belt and conceals under my longer t-shirts and sweatshirts easily. Makes it a darned easy gun to tote.

I will definitely spend more money with Simply Rugged (pancake for my J-frame), that's as good of an endorsement as I can give I suppose.

NMGonzo
February 26, 2011, 03:10 PM
Can't carry much firepower wearing "jeans and t shirt".

Go to TARGET and get some nice summer shirts.

Your firepower load capacity increases spectacularly, and your ladies will appreciate it.

Ske1etor
February 27, 2011, 12:11 AM
Can't carry much firepower wearing "jeans and t shirt".

Go to TARGET and get some nice summer shirts.

Your firepower load capacity increases spectacularly, and your ladies will appreciate it.

My CBOB and MTAC disagree with your assessment.

NMGonzo
February 27, 2011, 08:25 PM
My CBOB and MTAC disagree with your assessment.

How do you do it?

I always feel like I am printing like a Gutenberg the moment i move!

I had a cbob and it was much better though.

451 Detonics
February 28, 2011, 04:48 AM
I have been carrying concealed for 30+ years and have yet to find any holster that works better than either a pancake or the Don Hume JIT, both OWB and in leather. Kydex will almost always push the gun further from the body making them print worse and they are noisy to boot. A good holster and belt combo in horsehide will last for at least 25 years and be as tight as it was when new. Other than the JIT I mentioned above I like Ken Null and Kramer.

Null with a P7M8, crossdraw Kramer with a 625, and a pocket gor my Model 12

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z271/reloader1959/handguns/holsters/kramer.jpg

and the JITs...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z271/reloader1959/handguns/jits-2.jpg

Capp35
March 1, 2011, 03:22 PM
Well I went on a limb and ordered one of the holsters that is so popular on Glock Talk. (made by one of the members)
Over 40 pages on that thread and they are all positive.

I bought a IWB Crossbreed SuperTuck clone for $50 delivered and made any way I wanted it. I got it with the leather backing covering the full slide.

I like the way the Cuda looks for OWB though.

Also got a free 5.11 belt from Cabelas with my bonus points.

Ske1etor
March 1, 2011, 04:07 PM
How do you do it?

I always feel like I am printing like a Gutenberg the moment i move!

I had a cbob and it was much better though.

3:00 and canted a bit forward, holster riding as low as humanly possible. Never been made AFAIK.

Uteridge
March 1, 2011, 04:25 PM
I have a couple of Milt Sparks holsters that I love: the 55BN is an excellent holster but it seems to stick out a little bit. I also have a 60 TK that is excellent. It rides very high and conceals a 1911 better than any non-IWB holster I have ever owned.

Capp35
March 1, 2011, 08:14 PM
Here is that link that was recommended to me. What do you guys think?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122&highlight=crossbreed

heeler
March 1, 2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the link Capp.
Give us a road test once you start using it with your Kahr.
I swear I am just positively stunned by the amount of quality holsters there are out there.
Makes me dizzy just deciding on what to get!!

StealthDefense
March 6, 2011, 10:24 AM
I have a unique, patented, holster that will work well with your dress style.
check it out at www.StealthDefenseHolsters.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Best holster for CW carry when wearing jeans?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!