Check this out - please just shoot me

PDA

flashhole
February 13, 2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ttowU6x-c&NR=1

I like reloading gadgets as much as anyone but if I ever get this carried away will one of you just shoot me.

This is in no way a dis to the guy who developed this, it's very clever and he demonstrates it works, but I just think it is a bit overboard.

If you enjoyed reading about "Check this out - please just shoot me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alxshml
February 13, 2011, 12:10 PM
I have no clue, but it's possible that he is an engineer student and this was a senior project.

The biggest thing is the way he set up the control board with multiple fault alarms. I can't imagine any normal DIYer putting that kind of detail into the setup.

Bush Pilot
February 13, 2011, 12:51 PM
I fell asleep just watching the thing size 20 cases.

jerkface11
February 13, 2011, 12:57 PM
Wow it would probably be cheaper to hire someone to size them for you.

flashhole
February 13, 2011, 01:07 PM
That's along the lines of what I was thinking too ... how much do you think something like that would cost? I thought the control panel was ... special.

armoredman
February 13, 2011, 01:11 PM
Glad he had fun building that. I'll stick with my single stage. That was really slow...

steve4102
February 13, 2011, 01:29 PM
All this just to run a GRX die that many handloaders believe is a total waist of time in the first place.

snuffy
February 13, 2011, 01:53 PM
All this just to run a GRX die that many handloaders believe is a total waste of time in the first place.

Yeah, all that just to remove a bulge that presents no real problem to start with.

I gotta say though that I went to extremes to control my lead temps on my casting outfit. It's called a PID. I can't say my set-up is as well done/slick as his, but it works.

Walkalong
February 13, 2011, 03:48 PM
Very slick. I'll just keep doing it the old fashioned way though.

Bello
February 13, 2011, 06:02 PM
lol it is a very boring thing but engineers can do amazing ****! and ya its overboard

Dirtdgger
February 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
I would rather watch paint dry! I will keep doin it the old way pull the handle.

EddieNFL
February 13, 2011, 07:43 PM
Neat, but it can't keep up with the 650's production rate.

Caliper_RWVA
February 13, 2011, 08:56 PM
Next step after that is to set up a table at the gunshow (to make back the cost!). With all the fault detection, you could pour in a bunch of components and have alot of ammo made by lunchtime while reading the Highroad!

billybob44
February 13, 2011, 10:18 PM
All this just to run a GRX die that many handloaders believe is a total waist of time in the first place.
It is not a waste of time if you load much .40 S&W/10MM and want your loads to function well+look good too..My 2c. only..Bill.

If you enjoyed reading about "Check this out - please just shoot me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!