NICS Denial Threads

PDA

52grain
February 13, 2011, 01:48 PM
Is it just me or do we seem to be getting a lot of threads about NICS denials lately?

On an unrelated note. The last time that I bought a gun, the dealer did not make the normal phone call. Instead he claimed to have run the information through a website. Does NICS now allow dealers to submit checks on-line?

If you enjoyed reading about "NICS Denial Threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
czrami9
February 13, 2011, 02:11 PM
Several shops I have visited have also used the website.

dogtown tom
February 13, 2011, 04:19 PM
52grain ... Does NICS now allow dealers to submit checks on-line?
Yes.
NICS E-Check has been an alternative to the phone call for several years.

browneu
February 13, 2011, 04:21 PM
Aim Surplus used a website instead of calling it in when I purchased my stripped lower from them.

Standing Wolf
February 13, 2011, 04:24 PM
Does NICS now allow dealers to submit checks on-line?

I've used it. The FFL just checks the monitor every few minutes instead of waiting on hold.

dogtown tom
February 13, 2011, 06:57 PM
Standing Wolf Quote:
Does NICS now allow dealers to submit checks on-line?
I've used it. The FFL just checks the monitor every few minutes instead of waiting on hold.
Not if you are in Colorado......they have their own state agency for all firearm background checks and do not use the FBI NICS for anything.
The FBI NICS E-check is not used by states who have their own "point of contact".

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/general-information/participation_map.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "NICS Denial Threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!