NH Constitutional Carry Bill

PDA

Ryanxia
February 13, 2011, 02:35 PM
I don't believe this has been posted yet, New Hampshire has a bill right now that, if passed, will make Concealed Carry a Constitutional right and not require a permit (like Alaska and Arizona).

Link to the first article I found for some supporting documentation:
http://www.pgnh.org/constitutional_carry_bills_in_the_new_hampshire_legislature

If you enjoyed reading about "NH Constitutional Carry Bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
smallbore
February 13, 2011, 06:48 PM
I have already contacted my state representative/senator, requesting their support of 'constitutional carry' legislation.

tyeo098
February 13, 2011, 08:06 PM
I hope Florida and Virginia pick up on this.
Those are the only 2 states that matter to me :D

rozziboy18
February 13, 2011, 09:46 PM
bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!

i live in tennessee and hav a hcp, it would be nice to not have to renew and explain to the cops why i have a permitt. the guys in townsend are real b-holes, and believe if you dont have a badge then you shouldent have a gun

FIVETWOSEVEN
February 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
This is just great! I'll be able to carry without needing the permission of an idiot Police Chief, No this is not a blanket statement, just the chief of the town I live in.

ldsgeek
February 14, 2011, 11:23 AM
Of the 2 bills HB0536 is much more aggressive in protecting our rights. It would include actively seek reciprocity agreement, doing away with the need for a permit although you could still get one for reciprocity, extending the duration of the permit to 10 years ($1 per year), setting the non-resident permit cost back to $20, making interfering with lawful carry a crime and removing some restrictions on where you can carry, including courthouses. I think it may be a little too ambitious and need some tweaking to pass but it would definitely be a good thing. Even HB0330 would be a step in the right direction, just not far enough.

hso
February 15, 2011, 12:12 PM
More of an "FYI" than any plan of action as required for Activism threads so we'll move it to AD.

FIVETWOSEVEN
February 24, 2011, 12:31 AM
Any news yet or when we can expect an answer on this matter?

gripper
February 24, 2011, 09:55 AM
NH is not nearly as "live free or die"as it claims/was....most of the state administrative appointees have a problem with RKBA.....ask me how I know.....

Vermonter
February 24, 2011, 12:29 PM
It'd be nice if they get the option to have a permit for reciprocity. We don't need anyone's permission to concealed carry in Vermont, but we can't get a permit for reciprocity.

FIVETWOSEVEN
February 24, 2011, 03:00 PM
NH is not nearly as "live free or die"as it claims/was....most of the state administrative appointees have a problem with RKBA.....ask me how I know.....

Blame all the "Mass-holes" getting sick of mass because of their own policies and coming up here and starting the same exact thing.

swiftak
February 25, 2011, 06:51 AM
Gripper, the Live free or die is a peoples mindset, not a few politicians ideas.
We need a fence built.

gripper
February 25, 2011, 08:07 AM
Wrll,you know mu situation.I have a hard time with being in it when I have NOT been charged.....maybe a fence is a good idea.....and another one around the stsae building as well.

swiftak
February 25, 2011, 11:19 AM
gripper, you got it.

FIVETWOSEVEN
March 15, 2011, 03:30 PM
HB330 was passed by the house with amendment!
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/Results.aspx?q=1

If you enjoyed reading about "NH Constitutional Carry Bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!