What imported items are main focus of new ATF Dir.?

PDA

Ignition Override
February 13, 2011, 10:29 PM
I've only read bits about concerns, and somebody brought this up at yesterday's show in Franklin, TN.

My interest is with my Garand, Enfields (low profile: bolt-action) and also my SKS, possibly a Russian SKS down the road.

Would surplus semi-autos, even Garands, potentially destined for the CMP (not just the prohibited Korean source) be the highest profile targets for this new director, or would even imported Serbian and Russian ammo be vulnerable to red tape and extra taxes etc?

If you enjoyed reading about "What imported items are main focus of new ATF Dir.?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bubbles
February 14, 2011, 12:04 PM
The most recent focus is on the importability of certain shotguns based on the "sporting purposes" language in GCA '68.
http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

karlsgunbunker
February 14, 2011, 10:53 PM
They seem to be going after Saiga AK style shotguns.
Maybe pistol grip shotguns too.

If you enjoyed reading about "What imported items are main focus of new ATF Dir.?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!