Calling upon you Highroaders and your inventory

PDA

beeenbag
February 14, 2011, 07:15 PM
I have been interested in the S&W night guard series revolvers and can't get my hands on one locally.

I was hoping some of you guys could post some pics of a night guard compared to other guns.

If things look right Im thinking about ordering one for CCW.

So this is the chance for you revolver guys to convert a semi auto packer to a wheelgunnie :D

Thanks guys, I appreciate your time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling upon you Highroaders and your inventory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cpirtle
February 15, 2011, 05:17 PM
They have different sized frames between the models, L & N.. what model are you looking at?

The only "Night Guard" I have is a 325 which is the N frame and I think it's a very nice gun, but I have several other's that are the same spec, just not the Night Guard.

I have a 327 Performance Center and if I would do it over again I'd go for the Night Guard and put a Cylinder & Slide firing pin and Wilson Combat factory weight hammer spring in it and have basically the same gun (albeit not as cool looking) with better sights for about $300 less.

fmcdave
February 16, 2011, 05:25 PM
I have a S&W 325pd with a 4 inch barrel. I prefer the longer barrel myself. As far as I'm concerned, it is just about as concealable as a snubbie. I have an IWB Kramer holster which carries nice and high. It is an N Frame pistol with a scandium alloy frame and a titanium cylinder. It weighs 28oz loaded, but everyone who has shot it has commented that the recoil was not as heavy as they expected. Depending one what I am wearing, I carry full moon clips or two round moon clips. I've been searching for 3 round 1/2 moon clips but I guess I'll just make my own.

The double action trigger pull on this gun is fantastic. The only issue I have had was miss-fires which required a second strike. Those were primarily on reloads using Wolf primers (which I bought in desperation). After tightening the spring tension screw, the Wolf's are 99% reliable, reloads with Federal primers are 100% reliable, and factory ammunition (which is all I carry for defense) are 100%. Below is a 7 yard target I shot double action only.
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n509/FMCDave/Misc%20Gun%20and%20Target%20Pictures/325shootout.jpg

451 Detonics
February 16, 2011, 06:51 PM
Pre Night Guard, this is a 325PD. This gun is now the Night Guard series...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z271/reloader1959/handguns/325pda.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling upon you Highroaders and your inventory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!