guns age19

PDA

Davidfl
February 15, 2011, 01:44 AM
can my bro buy a handgun hes 19??????

If you enjoyed reading about "guns age19" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zanad
February 15, 2011, 01:45 AM
depending on what state he lives in.... yes

the catch is that it has to be from a private seller.

Spec ops Grunt
February 15, 2011, 02:13 AM
Under Federal law, he cannot purchase one from a Federal Firearm License holder (gunstore, gunsmith, pawn shop), but he can purchase one from a private seller. Not all private sellers know this however.

State laws vary, but I'm pretty sure that Florida doesn't have any special restrictions.

Paladin38-40
February 15, 2011, 06:46 AM
I recommend all Florida gun owners or owners-to-be obtain a copy of Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownership By Jon H. Gutmacher. He is a prominent attorney and expert on the subject. The book is well organized, written in plain language, and easy to understand. He leaves no stone unturned.

NavyLCDR
February 15, 2011, 10:37 AM
the catch is that it has to be from a private seller.

AND the private seller must be a resident of the same state, as well.

Davidfl
February 15, 2011, 01:51 PM
ok cool

Davidfl
February 16, 2011, 01:36 PM
im in ga now but i got a florida id

Art Eatman
February 16, 2011, 09:27 PM
Your ID is irrelevant. Your brother can buy from a private seller who is a resident of the same state as your brother. In that regard, Florida and Georgia laws are pretty much the same.

If you enjoyed reading about "guns age19" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!