Grips for a Taurus 85

PDA

WaltonS
February 16, 2011, 02:49 PM
All right, ladies and gents, I need some recommendations for a set of aftermarket grips for a Taurus Mdl. 85 (If anyone really wants to bring aesthetics into play here, it's stainless.)
As much as I love the look and feel of the standard wood, my wife (whom I'm trying to ease into shooting) says that grip hurts her hands, so I'm willing to find something better.
So, as of right now, I'm looking for something that'll decrease felt recoil/shock, and if at all possible (this is a LONG shot) reduce the likelihood of me smashing the second knuckle of my middle finger on the back of the trigger guard. (Boy, that sure does hurt when testing +p loads!). I don't need anything super fancy but I'll probably be leery of some $5 grips.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips for a Taurus 85" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bruce H.
February 16, 2011, 04:14 PM
You might want to try a pair of the Hogue full length rubber grips. Not the Boot Grip, but the full size grip that allows you to grip the gun with all of your fingers. The rubber grip will allow your wife to fire the gun without hurting her hand and it will also protect your middle finger knuckle when shooting +P loads. It is not fancy, but it works.

hardluk1
February 16, 2011, 04:19 PM
I will second the hogue soft rubber grips. I have there's on 2 taurus revolvers , a 85 and 94. Three fingers worth of grip and a round butt still fits in most front pockets. Also small enought for a ladys hand.

TylerPearce
February 16, 2011, 04:32 PM
+1 for hogues. I had a set on my 85. I loved them.

Naybor
February 16, 2011, 05:11 PM
Check this site out:

http://altamontco.com/products/pistol/taurus/revolvers.php

I've bought four sets of grips from them and have been satisfied every time. Reasonable pricing too.

TylerPearce
February 16, 2011, 05:16 PM
Those are some nice grips.

karlsgunbunker
February 16, 2011, 06:57 PM
I had Hogues on mine, they are reasonabley priced and work well.

WAID
February 17, 2011, 12:18 AM
I have a 605 with the taurus combat grips. No problems controlling the gun with .357 loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips for a Taurus 85" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!