Recommend a Holster for a S&W 627-5 4"

PDA

HoosierQ
February 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Uncle Mike's makes one that fits a wide range of revolvers this size. However I am having trouble finding references to it at sites like Bianchi, Galco, etc.

Any 627 owners out there with a holster recommendation? I am looking at a belt holster with some sort of retention. I would even consider , maybe ever prefer, one with a full military type flap. Leather or synthetic. Just looking for some options.

I can make my own as I have done but I am not nearly as good at holsters as I am at knife sheaths for two simple reasons: a) I get a lot of practice on knife sheaths and, b) holsters are WAY more difficult to get right.

I am sure Milt Sparks could hook me up but I would like to explore stock holsters first as this is not something that I will carry nearly so often...won't be EDCing my 627...that's what my 642 is for.

Please comment.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommend a Holster for a S&W 627-5 4"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dirtygrunt95
February 17, 2011, 02:17 PM
You might want to try Lobo gunleather. He is very resonable, quality work, and takea about 3-4 weeks for the holster. He pretty much only communicates by e-mail, but you send a question in the morning you have a response that evening. He made an IWB holster for my 625 with a 4".

buttrap
February 17, 2011, 11:39 PM
Bianchi would be model B5HL for S&W .44 in 4 inch. That is a thumb break style high ride.

StrawHat
February 18, 2011, 06:50 AM
http://www.simplyrugged.com/

HoosierQ
February 18, 2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys. This is some good info.

Lucky Derby
February 19, 2011, 02:16 AM
www.simplyrugged.com

Sounds like you want Rob's Flapjack model.

saemetric
February 19, 2011, 06:41 PM
That would be 5BHL

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommend a Holster for a S&W 627-5 4"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!