If you owned Sig-Sauer

PDA

Boats
January 25, 2003, 12:50 AM
What would you do with it? (Thanks to nightcrawler for the idea).

If you enjoyed reading about "If you owned Sig-Sauer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
January 25, 2003, 04:19 AM
I would manufacture Sig 550/551 rifles here in the US for the civilian market. Either rifle would readily accept either AK47 or AR-15 mags...:)

MarineTech
January 25, 2003, 11:41 AM
I'd lower the prices on magazines.

$40 for an 8 round 9mm magazine for a 239 is a bit much.

goon
January 25, 2003, 12:02 PM
I would apply for US patents for every possible magazine that could be made for a SIG-Sauer pistol or rifle. I wold make sure that SIG was the only one that could legally make magazines to fit our guns. Then I would stop selling any Hi-caps in the US to gov't or LE. This would continue until the ban was removed.

45R
January 25, 2003, 12:14 PM
Make a compact .45ACP and a 10mm pistol.

Then create a gun locker like you see in the Chow Yun Fat movies

agony
January 25, 2003, 12:15 PM
I'd make the sigpro smaller. I'd put a standard rail on the sigpro.

I'd make a polymer SIG that took the older P-series mags.

I'd finish the blackened slides with a better finish than the standard bluing....something like HKs HE finish.

I'd make a P228 ST.

I'd make a 228/229 sized pistol chambered for .45acp.

I'd lengthen the 245 grip by 1/4"~1/2" and shorten the slide length by ~1/2".

Lastly, I'd make a truly ambidextrous classic series SIG.

mack
January 25, 2003, 12:21 PM
Either drop the prices, or if not then at least put a little polo player on a pony logo on it

Watchman
January 25, 2003, 12:29 PM
I would make a double stack .45 that held 13 rounds .

I decrease the prices as much as feasable.

I would make the 10 round magazines easly converted by the owners to that of high capacity mags. I would offer "kits" that could do so.

I would refrain from doing business with any state that was "hostile" to private ownership of guns.

I might try to produce a double stack .45 with a plastic frame to directly compete with the Glock. Being of plastic cast frames and stamped slides, it would cost less than 200 bucks. I would offer contests, go on a major media blitz, search out those that been victimes of violent crimes and offer them a discount or an easy payment plan to purchase. I would buy full page ads in the Amercian Rifleman, become a major contributor of the NRA, GOA and several other pro rights gun groups. I might "give" 100 or so to the Presidential Secret Service Detail and give a few dozen to each SEAL team.

I would offer volume discounts to airline pilots.

I would make an affordable easliy concealed gun of the same staly as a Keltech, and have them in various designer colors. For the CCW types, I would designe one that would fit on the inside of a large beltbuckle ot could be worn inside of a ball cap.

In keeping with the American way, I would also offer up a credit card payment plan, where one could take owner ship of the gun immediatley and agree to deduct a payment every month until the gun was paid off. I might even offer up the type of deal with the banks that one could invest 10,000 and instead of drwing interest, they might get a package of several pistols or rifles.

oooyeah....

garrettwc
January 25, 2003, 01:11 PM
I would lose the light rails on the new P226.

Dump the blackened stainless slides for the older profile lighter carbon steel ones.

Make enough P228s so that civilians could buy one too.

Make a bunch of those .223 rifles legal in the US as mentioned in an earlier post.

4v50 Gary
January 25, 2003, 01:26 PM
I'd contract with an American firm here in America to manufacture the components for the magazine. I'd assemble them using cheap labor (Boy Scouts when they come back from raising our flag over Canada. Girls are staying to sell more cookies) and give them a new merit badge for modern assembly techniques. Who wins? Why, we the consumers.

schild
January 25, 2003, 01:57 PM
If I owned all these gun companies I wouldn't have time to look at all the "if you owned...." threads

10-Ring
January 25, 2003, 01:58 PM
I'd start collecting some SIGs

cslinger
January 25, 2003, 01:59 PM
Expand the SIGPRO series and market it better.
Make a smaller CCW version of the SIGPRO, or at least import the one they already have.

I would build the SIG 550 series here in America in Semi-Auto capable of taking AR magazines.

I would make a SIG Sauer Revolver line both for the single action market and the double action defensive market. I would focus on making the double action guns the finest double action combat revolvers made for the money. I am not talking KORTH prices here but probably would be a higher price point then current Smiths but the product would be better.

I would make the SIGPRO to accept 226 magazines.

I would make a SIGPRO Carbine to that accepts 226 magazines.

I would make a buttload of SIG 228s and 225s so everybody could join in the fun.

I would do something to lower the price of magazines.

I would offer either a tenifor finish or some other extreme duty type finish.

I would make the SIGPRO more like a Polymer classic series with the standard takedown mechanism and decocker button.

Personally I would have a single stack version of everthing.

I would make an internal locking mechanism OPTIONAL on all of my firearms. There are actually people who like this feature but none of us want in rammed down our throats. This would also allow me to sell in all markets without too much hassal.

I would start shooting clinics, matches etc. that would market the SIG product and name.

I guess that is a start.

Shane
January 25, 2003, 02:58 PM
I'd use steel rather than alloy frames on all Sig Sauer models (carry pistols like the P239 and P229 would have an OPTION for alloy though).

I'd also build all models in the US (I think only the P239 is currently made in the US), so that price could be lowered. Quality would remain the same.

BOBE
January 25, 2003, 03:08 PM
I would make the "short trigger" standard on all models.

Captain Bligh
January 25, 2003, 07:27 PM
I'd ditch the Euro slide release on the P232.

Randy

BerettaNut92
January 25, 2003, 07:58 PM
I'd lower the prices on magazines.

$40 for an 8 round 9mm magazine for a 239 is a bit much.

Goes to show they're just trying to be like HK ;)

I would hire Will Smith for a catchy television ad campaign stunt. "Gettin' Siggy widdit....gettin' Siggy widdit...."

Dan Shapiro
January 25, 2003, 08:29 PM
Hum...what are you gonna say :D :D

Dan Shapiro
January 25, 2003, 08:33 PM
I’d have to start thinking like a business owner and not a SIG fan if I wanted to say in business and out of jail :neener:

seeker_two
January 25, 2003, 10:54 PM
Bring back the 220 in .38Super & also in 10mm.
Single-stack SigPro 9mm, .40, & .45.
Contract w/ MecGar to lower cost on magazines.
Bring the Blaser rifle cost down to reasonable levels.
Market the Mauser line more.

Arkady
January 25, 2003, 11:41 PM
There isn't a whole lot i'd change... I love SIG.

I'd make a full size 10mm gun (about P220 size) designed around a 10 round magazine. No neutered mags for the peons, no oversized grip to accomadate things civiliands can't have, just a grip as thin as possible while still holding 10 rounds. The frame would also be capable of handling full power loads.

Factory night sights would have white rings around the tritium to make them easier to pick up in daylight... i don't like the SIG factory night sights for daylight shooting.

Finally, I'd have one of their best armorers go over my P228--it's starting to show it's age as far as the finish is concerned, and i'd love to see what the master can do to the trigger.

jar
January 26, 2003, 11:37 AM
First, drop the SiGPro and buy the rights to market the Croation Sensation as a SiG.

Resume production of the Single Action and Double Action revolvers.

Best SiG I own...

my J.P. Sauer & Sohns SA 45Colt.

http://www.fototime.com/36839EE6587E6F6/standard.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "If you owned Sig-Sauer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!