CZ club/handgun owners Help!!!

PDA

jrod102
February 17, 2011, 07:32 PM
I am new to the CZ community but I just bought a P-06. I need to know if lead reloads can or should be shot through it?? I don't know if the P-06 has polygonal rifling or not. But what I do know is that if does have the polygonal rifling the lead is a no, no. Correct? Any and all help on this is much appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ club/handgun owners Help!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
February 17, 2011, 07:38 PM
I know of no CZ pistol that has polygonal rifling. You can always take the barrel out of the gun and look down the bore, to be sure. Groove rifling will appear as definite thin spiral lines.

jpg366
February 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
CZ-82 (9x18 makarov) has polygonal rifling, if it has an original barrel. There are some out there with "brand new US barrels" having standard rifling.

jrod102
February 18, 2011, 12:24 AM
As in the original post I didn't ask about the CZ 82. I need to know about the CZ75 P-06 40 cal. a 2009 date of manufacture.
Thanks,......
JRod.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean that they're not after you!! :D

buttrap
February 18, 2011, 12:41 AM
AS far as I know all CZ 9mm and .40s have a standard style riflilng.

tekarra
February 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
jrod,

The P 06 should have groove rifling. As pointed out, the 82 in 9 x 18 Makarov is the only cZ with polygonal rifling. It is okay to shoot lead bullets but keep the velocity below 1000 fps. Some folks use hard lead bullets and drive them at higher velocities but they are usually the more experienced reloaders who know the composition and properties of the bullets and work up their loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ club/handgun owners Help!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!