Removing a Hi Power Lanyard Ring...

PDA

rellascout
February 17, 2011, 09:30 PM
I cannot remember if it is staked or not? Does it have to be drilled out or can you unscrew it.

The other option is does anyone know of a nice set of slim grips with the a pre-cut loop for the lanyard? I love Naviderix stuff and I love Spegel but I do not want to have to cut the radius myself if I can help it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing a Hi Power Lanyard Ring..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SharpsDressedMan
February 18, 2011, 07:18 AM
It didn't seem easy to me on mine, and since I was having some gunsmith work done, I let the smith handle it.:)

SharpsDressedMan
February 18, 2011, 07:20 AM
I just looked at my post above and realized that it is possibly one of the most worthless of comments. Really sorry I couldn't help. Someone will step up, I'm sure.

rellascout
February 18, 2011, 07:41 AM
No problem at all. IIRC the Inglis are screw in the others are staked. I want to remove it so I can put better grips on the gun. I am going to put a set of Naviderix grips and do not want to have to cut them.

tekarra
February 18, 2011, 08:07 PM
If they are staked, you should be able to see the upset of the pin. I was under the impression they were shrink fit.

rellascout
February 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
Drilled an punched it out. It shrink fit.

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing a Hi Power Lanyard Ring..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!