Cutting down Super Redhawk barrel

PDA

Shmackey
February 18, 2011, 10:40 AM
Let's say you wanted a Super Redhawk with a 4" or 5" barrel. Is there any reason to choose the 9.5" over the 7.5" model to start?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cutting down Super Redhawk barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sport45
February 18, 2011, 08:55 PM
Prolly not if you're taking all the writing off the barrel anyway. If you leave the stamings then there might be a difference in where they were left or cut through when you were done.

abuelo
February 18, 2011, 09:16 PM
If you want a 4 in barrel then just buy one in that length. If you want one with a 5 in barrel for some reason then you will need to get it cut down. I recently had a 7 1/2 in barrel Redhawk cut down to 4 3/4 in ( I know, but I had my reasons) by Mag-na-port in Mich. It will mean that the "billboard" will need to be removed which they can do for you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cutting down Super Redhawk barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!