Star Firestar M43 holster & misc.

PDA

Dead_Space_89
February 18, 2011, 07:05 PM
I have a Star Firestar M43 9mm, and I was wondering what all I could do to it accessory wise and if I could get a trigger job done. Any feedback is appreciated thank you!

If you enjoyed reading about "Star Firestar M43 holster & misc." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Don357
February 18, 2011, 07:42 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there's not a lot of "accessories" available except for magazines. I had a M243 Firestar Plus in the "Starvel" finish, which was the same gun except for a double stack 10rd or 13rd mag. I do agree however that a trigger job would help. I'm sure that a competent gunsmith could polish and smooth up the trigger system, but I'm not sure if springs are available. I wish I still had mine. It shot great, even with the gritty SA trigger. Congrats on the pistol, and if you ever want to sell it, let me know.

Dead_Space_89
February 19, 2011, 01:21 AM
To the best of my knowledge, there's not a lot of "accessories" available except for magazines. I had a M243 Firestar Plus in the "Starvel" finish, which was the same gun except for a double stack 10rd or 13rd mag. I do agree however that a trigger job would help. I'm sure that a competent gunsmith could polish and smooth up the trigger system, but I'm not sure if springs are available. I wish I still had mine. It shot great, even with the gritty SA trigger. Congrats on the pistol, and if you ever want to sell it, let me know.

Thanks, I like this pistol alot. Most of the reviews I've seen the biggest complaint is that the gun is too heavy which doesn't me one bit. I'm a bigger guy so a 2lb+ gun is nothing to me. I wish they had night sights for this pistol.

AR-yoter
February 25, 2011, 12:25 AM
really accurate pistol its heavy yes but small and nice when you use the shoulder holsters hardle tell its there after a couple days wearin it just make sure you dont have the ones that misfire on safety there were only a few hundred thousand that got recalled, I love this pistol prolly wont get rid of it they will have to "pry it from my cold dead fingers" :-)

winchester1886
February 25, 2011, 01:27 AM
I have a FireStar 40S&W The holster and mag case are Galco.They are top quality.

If you enjoyed reading about "Star Firestar M43 holster & misc." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!