If you owned Glock

PDA

Boats
January 25, 2003, 12:55 AM
What would you do with it? (Thanks to nightcrawler for the idea).

If you enjoyed reading about "If you owned Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
January 25, 2003, 04:13 AM
I'd design and build "HK 94/HK UMP type" rifles to add to the lineup..

They would probably chambered in both 9mm & .45. Plus,these rifles would be capable of using preban Glock mags. If this meant building a small plant in the US, then I'd go ahead and build it. :)

BerettaNut92
January 25, 2003, 10:35 AM
Make a ceramic (or porcelain?) one that passes through metal detectors ;)

A singlestack 9mm with roughly the same dimensions as the 19, otherwise.

Razor
January 25, 2003, 11:51 AM
Make a ceramic (or porcelain?) one that passes through metal detectors

That one has been out for years! Its the Model 7, made in the Glock factory in Germany. I would of got one, but it cost more than I make in a month. :neener:

goon
January 25, 2003, 12:05 PM
I would apply for US patents for every possible magazine that could be made for a Glock pistol. I would make sure that Glock was the only one that could legally make magazines to fit our guns. Then I would stop selling any Hi-caps in the US to gov't or LE. This would continue until the ban was removed.

New_comer
January 25, 2003, 12:11 PM
Laugh myself to death going to the bank!! :neener: :evil: :D

45R
January 25, 2003, 12:13 PM
Make a Glock 1911 :neener: :D :what:

mack
January 25, 2003, 12:18 PM
I'd make a truly thinner version in 45ACP, the 30 is too thick

2dogs
January 25, 2003, 12:47 PM
Switch to making guns.

:neener:

10-Ring
January 25, 2003, 12:52 PM
I'd work on expanding my HK collection!:evil:

hansolo
January 25, 2003, 12:55 PM
"Sure glad I got out of the Jello-Mold business"

Gaston Glock.....:rolleyes:

larry_minn
January 25, 2003, 12:58 PM
Lots of good ideas here.
For myself I would (I understand the ATF is forbidding this so guess not possible) make and have on hand every serial number of affected guns. THEN put out adds on GT and Glock website and via GSSF/etc that everyone with a affected in serial number . Call Glocks new toll free number at least one week before nearest GSSF match. That Glock will pick up fees for the match (you have to pay membership fee to GSSF) and the Glock armeror will change out frames free of charge.
For those who this will not work they call regualr line and will be given shipping info. AND best time to send guns. I.E. G27s mainly in Feb. G22 in march. etc. Just to avoid flood of guns. IMO the money they save in bother would make the GSSF the best way to go.
I would also make new mag bodies and anyone can send in damaged Full cap mags and Glock will send you a (rebuild) for $10 to cover shipping. If sent in with gun for recall free.
Like was suggested a MP-5 carbine using Glock mags would be nice as well as slimmer guns.

jsalcedo
January 25, 2003, 03:33 PM
Switch to steel

Bullet
January 25, 2003, 04:05 PM
I'd make a new baby Glock in .50 BMG

Ninj500
January 25, 2003, 04:14 PM
If you owned Glock

I'd spend a lot of time walking around with a huge smile on my face and a G33 in each pocket!

George Hill
January 25, 2003, 04:27 PM
Make a standard version of the famous Custom .454 and roll out a line of lightweight milled alloy slugs for it... for super high velocity.
:neener:

Hmmm... Let's take this seriously.
If I owned Glock.

First item of business... a pistol caliber carbine.
Second item of business...
:banghead:

WHY DIDN'T I BUY HK!?!?! WHY???!?!?!!?!? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

waterdog
January 25, 2003, 04:28 PM
I would put steel sights on the them.

And sell retrofits for $10 bucks

waterdog

1badmagnum
January 25, 2003, 04:28 PM
I'd fire my engineers,and design a real gun made of medal in 454,480, or 50 ae.:neener:

mtnbkr
January 25, 2003, 05:47 PM
I'd start making blued steel revolvers with wood grips

:neener: :neener:

Chris

Nightcrawler
January 25, 2003, 06:09 PM
Hmm....

Okay.

1: RESDESIGN THE GRIP SHAPE. A freaking COTTAGE INDUSTRY has sprung up around removing the "hump" and the finger grooves from Glock grips. You don't hear people saying that Sigs don't fit their hands, or that Ruger 9mms don't fit their hands. I'd reduce the grip size, remove the finger grooves (if you want finger grooves get a HandAll grip sleeve) and fill in that hollow cavity in the backstrap.

2: SINGLE STACK MODELS. People have been screaming for this, so why not. Glock 19/23 sized guns with single stack magazines and ultra thin slides. Similarly, a 10mm version of the G30 would be introduced.

3: 5" MODELS. I don't know why Glock doesn't offer a 5" .45ACP and 10mm. I'd do it right away.

4: STEEL SIGHTS. Everybody seems to want them.

5: GLOCK HUNTER. That's right, large hunting pistols based on the Glock. I'd introduce a larger framed model, configured for single stack magazines. It'd be available in .45 Win Mag, with a 5.5" barrel (a 6.5" extended barrel would be available, but it'd protrude from the slide). Other chamberings would be offered.

G-Raptor
January 25, 2003, 06:57 PM
My idea for glock would be a single stack series with a 1911 style grip. The series would include full, compact, and subcompact sizes. Thin is in.

But I'll be keeping my hi-caps. :cool:

Nightcrawler
January 25, 2003, 08:22 PM
"Arctic Glock" versions of full sized models. Would facilitate use with heavy winter gloves. Would feature longer, thinner grip, oversized controls, and an oversized trigger loop.

Also, it would have a white frame and a white polymer coating on the slide. :cool:

Coffee357
January 25, 2003, 08:43 PM
I'd add single stack versions of all models and return to the 2nd generation frames without the cutout on the frontstrap of the midsize, add metal sights, and get rid of the safety on the trigger. Might also go to an oval or round magazine release to get rid of those sharp corners.

Coffee357
(Glock Fan)

seeker_two
January 25, 2003, 10:49 PM
Make a small target auto in .22lr and .22mag.
Add a manual safety outside of the triggerguard ala Mauser M2.
Improve customer service. (Can't have recall w/o the ALL!)

MountainPeak
January 25, 2003, 11:31 PM
Stop my policy of "volunteering" my product for ballistic finger printing, the latest slippery slope registration scheme!

Arkady
January 25, 2003, 11:45 PM
I'd see to the production of single-stack versions of every pistol (Full size, compact, and sub compact).

I really want a single stack 10mm Glock. Almost as much as i want a 10mm SIG.

dude
January 26, 2003, 02:09 AM
make a .30 Carbine version with HK USP full sized trigger guards.

If you enjoyed reading about "If you owned Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!