Sig SP2022s at Academy and Cabelas

PDA

jbradley
February 20, 2011, 12:25 AM
Went by Academy to look at the Sig SP2022. Found them to have 2 different ones. One was $399 and the other was $499. The clips were a little different, the rail was a little different and the sights were a little different.

I have no idea what the real difference is besides the $100.

The one at Cabelas is $449 and almost looked like a hybrid between the two at Academy.

Now I am more confused than I was when I started.
Hoping someone can throw me a life preserver before I drowned.

Thanks

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig SP2022s at Academy and Cabelas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
G27RR
February 20, 2011, 01:22 AM
The main difference may be tritium night sights vs standard sights. That's what I've seen locally.

TXSurf
February 20, 2011, 01:51 AM
The basic model Academy sells has steel sights and matte nitron finish slide. The Sp2022, or Sig Pro they sell has different grips from the basic, that are able to be swapped out as well, though it doesn't come witrh any extra grips. It also has night sights with the polished nitron finish slide. Aside from that, the guns are the same. I haven't noticed a difference in the rails, I'll have to take a closer look next time I get a chance.

Not sure about what Cabelas has for the 2022

rellascout
February 20, 2011, 05:47 PM
My guess is that the cheaper one is the current basic model made here in Exter. It has an external extractor. It frame and all of its parts are made here in the US. These ship with the small grip which has an internal lanyard loop. These guns are finished in nitron.

The other one is a German gun. Made on a German frame and it meets the specs for the French contract. These guns come with 3 mags night sights, short trigger and medium and large grip. These guns were also often finished in Iffalon.

The new ones have more MIM parts. They are shipping with IIRC US made checkmate mags and are IMHO a cheaper version of the German gun.

There have been reports of issues with the new guns and that they require more of a break in period. I think they are still a good value at $400 but they are not as good a value as they once where.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig SP2022s at Academy and Cabelas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!