Glock questions

PDA

Greywolf
February 20, 2011, 09:53 AM
I have an opportunity to purhase a Glock 19 RTF with the following:

10-8 sights with brass bead
- Vickers magazine release
- Smooth glock 17 trigger
- NY1 Trigger spring (has regular connector in but will included a scherer 5.5lb as well)

I already have sights and will replace the 10-8s.

Can you guys tell me the advantages of the Vickers mag release, smooth glock 17 trigger, and NY1 trigger spring?

Also, what advantage/disadvantage with the regular connector vs. the scherer 5.5 lb?

I have multiple glocks (Gen 1 17, Gen 3 17, Gen 3 26) but they are all pretty stock except for the slide releases and I think a 3.5 lb connector/trigger?)

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
February 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
I assume this Vickers mag release is differently shaped and/or protrudes slightly more from the frame, to make depressing it easier. Some people have difficulty with the standard one; I do not, after getting used to it. (People who complain about the Glock's mag release have obviously never tried those of the Ruger P-series :rolleyes:, but I digress.;)) The smooth-faced trigger is purely personal preference; some people find the serrated one uncomfortable, "biting" their finger. Again, I do not. The NY1 trigger spring is supposed to be more durable than the standard little coil spring and give the trigger a crisper release, but increases the pull weight to ~8 lbs unless combined with a 3.5 lb. connector. This Scherer (whatever that is) connector is probably meant, again, to give the trigger a little "crisper" release. I've never modified my personal gun in this manner, myself, but these mods can't really hurt anything.

swinokur
February 20, 2011, 11:48 AM
When NYC was transitioning from double action revolvers to Glocks, there were some ND due to the trigger requiring less force to fire. NYC asked Glock to find a way to make the pull more like the revolver for their folks. The NY trigger was their solution. The NY trigger had a leaf spring to replace the trigger spring and a trigger with a spring on it as well. I don't know the conditions under which one or both would function in a non LEO weapon. I know there is a rule against a certain trigger spring and connector combination

9mmepiphany
February 20, 2011, 05:22 PM
1. The Vickers mag release is extended
2. The smooth trigger is for folks who find the serrations abrade their trigger fingers
3. The NY-1 trigger rises the nominal trigger weight from the standard 5.5lbs to 8lbs...I seem to remember that the NY-2 rises it to 11lbs

A fairly popular modification at one time was the combo of the 3.5lb connector and NY-1 spring for a 5.5lb trigger with the increased feel of the NY-1...it makes it feel more revolver like.

I'm just curious...why don't you like the 10-8 sights?
I've always been interested in trying them on my G19 (but they are a bit spendy just to try) do you have a plan of what you are going to do with them yet?

memphisjim
February 20, 2011, 05:25 PM
Grew up on them but I like the stock trigger. The other make the travel longer

Greywolf
February 20, 2011, 05:49 PM
I already have some XS Big Dot tritium sights ready to go on to the G19 when I get it, so really have no use for the 10-8s. I will sell those off when I get the Glock. If anyone is interested in buying them please let me know :)

9mmepiphany
February 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
I'll send you a PM

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!