Kimber Pro Raptor II

PDA

CTGunner
February 20, 2011, 08:17 PM
I am posting a few pictures of my new Kimber Raptor II. So far I have fired 240 rounds through the gun. In the first 60 rounds I had approximately 10 failures - mostly failures to feed. I took a quick break and came back to the gun. I made a very focused effort to maintain a tight grip on the weapon...and after that no more failures. I made it to 240 rounds trouble free. I still will not trust the gun completely until I have at least 200 additional rounds down range but I am generally feeling good about the gun. Accuracy is solid. While not the most accurate 1911 I've shot it's certainly acceptable for a carry gun. The grip size is perfect for me and I like the extra weight that comes with the Steel Construction.

I couldn't find many reviews of this gun so please feel free to share your experiences with the Raptor 1911. Especially with respect to reliability.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Pro Raptor II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mes227
February 20, 2011, 08:58 PM
What ammo gave you the FTF problems? I have 1,000 rounds through my Tactical Entry II and the only FTFs were with dirty Russian rounds (Herter's). I've tried a variety of other brands and even hand loads without a single problem. I'd be surprised if how you held the grip made any difference in the FTF; perhaps you changed ammo? Did you clean the gun before your first range time? I did and it was recommended by the salesman; just to make sure any residue or burrs from manufacturing were cleared as well as to make sure it was properly lubricated. Out of the box mine seemed very clean but completely non-lubricated.

CTGunner
February 20, 2011, 09:06 PM
I was using 230 grain American Eagle - it was clean stuff. I didn't break the gun down as I took it directly from the showroom floor to the range. I did drop some oil on the slide though before shooting as the gun looked pretty dry. I'm glad to hear that yours has been 100%. I'm hoping my last 180 rounds or so are an indication of solid future reliability. I didn't break it down and cleaned it thoroughly after shooting. The internals look fine.

dusty14u
February 20, 2011, 09:21 PM
I bought a Raptor II about 1-1/2 years ago. I have only shot my reloads through it and it has been uber reliable. I guess I have 1500-2000rds through it and it seems to get smoother with each range trip. It has been extremely accurate.

I belong to aprivate gun club and when I get to the indoor range it is often empty so I can turn off the lights on half the range and practice using the night sights. I think the gun is one of the finest looking and funtioning 1911's made.

TIMC
February 21, 2011, 09:07 AM
I love my Pro raptor, it has been nothing but reliable with everything I have put in it. I do use just a little grease on the slide of my semi-autos it helps with keeping the action smooth and reduces wear.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/KimberProRaptorII.jpg?t=1298296995

CTGunner
February 21, 2011, 04:04 PM
Glad to hear the positive comments on the Raptor. Nice pics gang.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Pro Raptor II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!