TRP Operator shoots a little differently

PDA

chutestrate
February 21, 2011, 01:54 PM
Just shot my operator for the first time, and found it nice, but different. I don't think that I am used to the extra weight in front. There seemed to be a different feel than my lw commander. I also shot the lw commander better.

If you enjoyed reading about "TRP Operator shoots a little differently" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg528iT
February 21, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'd expect the extra weight, overall, probably has something to do with it. How smooth is the trigger on the Operator? Maybe it needs some dry fire, lapping of parts together.. I expect once you get more rounds thru the operator you'll shoot it as good or better than a LW commander.

chutestrate
February 21, 2011, 03:55 PM
I only put 75rds. through it so I'm sure you're right. The trigger seems very nice. Better than my commander. I think it was the weight that made the recoil impulse feel a little longer.

Thorgrim
February 21, 2011, 06:31 PM
It may be in part the full-length guide rod, that made my Loaded feel odd to me since I was accustomed to Colts. It's a cheap fix to replace it with a standard plug, guide and spring, and if you like you can change back easily if that doesn't help.

If you enjoyed reading about "TRP Operator shoots a little differently" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!