Now I've gone and done it!

PDA

Fat_46
February 21, 2011, 03:55 PM
I finally pulled the pin on a new single stage and purchased the Forster Co-Ax.

I can't wait to get it home and start playing with it(of cource, I have ~18" of snow to play with first).

The priming system seems a bit odd - does it work as advertised?

If you enjoyed reading about "Now I've gone and done it!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
floydster
February 21, 2011, 05:22 PM
Fat_46, You will love the Co-Ax, it is a great press, the best SS out there.
Just came up frpm the reloading room to check the snow here in Becker, Mn.,14" on the ground and still snowing, not going to plow till in the morning, ya, back to reloading a few more rounds.
Good luck, Floydster

JimKirk
February 21, 2011, 08:53 PM
The priming system works exactly as advertised... it will seat primers at consistent depth if the pockets are the correct depth. You will enjoy the CoAx! Keep in mind ...it is a single stage press not a speed demon ... it will produce very accurate ammo! Had mine for 40 years or so!

Jimmy K

Fat_46
February 21, 2011, 10:28 PM
Accuracy is what this one is for! I have a Dillon 550B for the handgun and rifle plinking loads. While I have zero complaints about the RCBS this one is replacing, I felt like i was time to move up!

I just got it bolted down, and promptly crushed the top of the primer catcher! Yup - I forgot to adjust the shell holder jaw screw before actuating the press...

Oh well - now it has "character"!

Captaingyro
February 22, 2011, 03:08 PM
You'll eventually want to pick up the short handle. With the long one you practically have to stand in the next zip code to cycle the press. The CoAx has such great mechanical advantage that the short one is good for everything except full length sizing big rifle cases.

If you enjoyed reading about "Now I've gone and done it!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!