Anshutz model 1415/16 .22

PDA

granop
February 21, 2011, 11:25 PM
HELLO ALL,
I HAVE AN OLD ANSHUTZ THAT'S BEEN KIND OF A MISTERY TO ME FOR A WHILE NOW. I ACQUIRED THIS ANSHUTZ MODEL 1415/16 .22 BOLT ACTION RIFLE FROM A GUY WHOSE BROTHER IN LAW WAS STATIONED IN GERMANY IN THE 70'S. I WAS TOLD THAT THIS GUN WAS NOT MADE FOR IMPORT AND THEY ARE RARE. HE MUST BE RIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER ONE YET. THE WRITING ON THE SIDE SAYS...
MADE BY J. G. ANSHUTZ GmpH WAFFENFABRIK ULM/D WEST GERMANY.
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU GENTS COULD ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHAT I HAVE HERE. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

HERE ARE SOME PICS...

If you enjoyed reading about "Anshutz model 1415/16 .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
February 22, 2011, 12:03 AM
I don't understand.
You have the make, model and origin.
What's the mystery?

The model is not all that uncommon here EXCEPT for the double set triggers which are scarce on US sales guns.

JohnBT
February 22, 2011, 02:37 PM
They were regular production guns beginning in the early '60s iirc. There is no telling how many with set triggers were bought overseas by U.S. service members. I'd like one (for the right price.)

Here's a pic of another one, from 1979.

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=387253

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Anshutz model 1415/16 .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!